Is there a future for teams like this?

Posted by: 17Roundabouts

Is there a future for teams like this? - 03/26/09 06:33 AM

I am a fan of small cap teams..especially Guingcamp...................... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En_Avant_Guingamp

and I just wonder if it's the F O ambition to model itself on this famous and old French club?.

With no hope of getting a MLS franchise under the $40m asking fee( at leats Robin hood wore a mask), is there any ambition to play in Division 1
Posted by: Mikeyratt

Re: Is there a future for teams like this? - 03/26/09 06:38 AM

I don't think D1 would let the Thugs up at any cost. Not that most of them could get work release from prison long enough for the road trips that it would require any way.
Posted by: Doctor_Scrumpy

Re: Is there a future for teams like this? - 03/26/09 09:28 AM

Robin Hood never wore a mask either !

Just Lincoln Green tights. laugh
Posted by: 17Roundabouts

Re: Is there a future for teams like this? - 03/27/09 04:52 PM

Robin Hood never wore a mask either !

Just Lincoln Green tights. [Big Grin]""

my apologies to the good Dr Scrumpy...I was confusing Robin Hood with Dick Turpin...though the state of the UK economy it could have been PM Gordon( "it's not my fault" ) Brown :-)

Getting back to the future of this team in a Div 1 league..surely the USL only hope is to become a MLS 2 ,when MLS finally realises that $40m is too high an asking price for a franchise in these economic times,and uses a combined USL Div 1& 2 as a feeder league for teams that aspire to MLS.

Certainly it would be benefit both parties to consider such a move...
Posted by: Msilverstein47

Re: Is there a future for teams like this? - 05/18/12 10:08 PM

Victory Unable To Make Man Advantage Count In 1-0 Loss to Pioneers
Posted on May 19, 2012
Western Mass Pioneers 1 Boston Victory 0

Despite playing for almost half the game with an extra man advantage, the Boston Victory slipped to a frustrating 1-0 defeat away to cross-state rival Western Mass Pioneers.

The Quincy-based team suffered a second successive defeat compounded by a defensive error handing the hosts the game’s only goal at Lusitano Stadium in Ludlow, MA.

Pioneers defender Trey Jasenski was shown a second yellow card only four minutes into the second half for hauling down Zico Veiga while the striker was in full flight. Victory coach Sergio Taborda attempted to capitalize on having an extra man by sacrificing a defender to employ Paul Latif on the right wing and play three across the back line.

But with 65 minutes played, Pioneers substitute Alpha Dioubate pounced as Carlos Monteiro hesitated inside the Victory penalty area, and drilled a low finish past exposed keeper Jordan Bar.

There was still sufficient time for Boston to salvage at least a point, but the visitors struggled to create a clear cut chance and came home empty handed. The Victory now face top of the table Seacoast United Phantoms at home at Veterans Memorial Stadium this Saturday evening, May 19, at 7pm.
Posted by: Mikeyratt

Re: Is there a future for teams like this? - 05/18/12 10:21 PM

Boston's a new team, Crap like that happens all the time. I'm still annoyed at how they completely mishandled and misrepresented themselves at being a USLPro team when they first formed.

Re: Is there a future for teams like this? - 05/19/12 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Mikeyratt
Boston's a new team, Crap like that happens all the time. I'm still annoyed at how they completely mishandled and misrepresented themselves at being a USLPro team when they first formed.

what??? So you really don't believe that their stated plan is to move into the USL Pro Division in 2013?
Hey I had to ask...lol
Thanks, MAS

Re: Is there a future for teams like this? - 01/15/13 12:14 PM

http://pdl.uslsoccer.com/home/688390.html

Re: Is there a future for teams like this? - 04/17/13 01:05 PM

http://massunitedfc.com/united-pioneers-take-to-the-turf/