USL/NASL Discussions USLSoccer.com :: USLFans.com :: TheCup.us :: NASL.com | Links | Link to US !
Article Posting Guidelines are spelled out here. Thanks
Announcement: After 15 years of life, these boards have dwindled to a place for a mere handful of folks to post links and have the rare discussion. Having born the financial burden for both the hosting and the software for that same 15 year period, and just not having the time anymore for this effort, I have decided to shutdown these boards at the end of the USL & NASL season later this Fall. It has truly been a blast to have been part of growing a nation-wide fanbase thru internet interaction, that in 1999 was slim or non-existent for the Lower Divisions of Soccer. That has all changed and for the better. Fan support around the country is nothing like what it was when I started this, so from that perspective, I feel I accomplished my small part in contributing to growing that connection into what it is today. Thanks for everyone's support over the years, and especially for all the friendships across the country that Vicki and I have so enjoyed (and still do) over the years. Thanks !! Dan Barnes
Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
Msilverstein47 68
Pghsoccer 17
futbol49 8
jw7 6
Yankiboy 5
Forum Stats
7278 Members
134 Forums
28291 Topics
297817 Posts

Max Online: 152 @ 09/20/13 11:24 PM
Topic Options
#287300 - 01/24/13 09:02 AM Charlotte Eagles have a new home field
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

The Eagles have partnered up with Queens University to use the Dickson Field in Marion Diehl Park.

The location is not on a school grounds, it is a public park where Queens University has their main field, and it has plenty of great areas for tailgating and kicking the ball around before the games.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Charlotte Eagles and Charlotte Lady Eagles are excited to announce that Queens University of Charlotte will serve as their home for the 2013 USL PRO and W-League seasons. The Eagles and Lady Eagles will play on Dickson Field at the Queens Sports Complex, located at Marion Diehl Park off of Tyvola Road. The Queens Sports Complex boasts 65 acres which include the Dickson Field, meeting and events spaces, state-of-the-art training facilities and locker rooms.

"Queens is doing a marvelous job building quality athletic facilities. We are honored to be partnering with them as they grow and build the University," Eagles' General Manager Tom Engstrom said. "Fans will enjoy the stadium atmosphere, the width of the field [76 yards] and the easy access off of I-77 and Tyvola Road."

Now if only I can find my post I made about this location last year...?

#287306 - 01/24/13 09:16 AM Re: Charlotte Eagles have a new home field [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://www.usldiscussions.com/ubbthreads...st_o#Post282305

http://screencast.com/t/VA1dksDlD0

The location is not downtown but much closer to it. This is a very central location in Charlotte. It is also much closer to nearby bars and restaurants. It is just down the road from the popular South Park area of Charlotte.

This is a turf field, but it is a new good quality turf field, it has no football lines on it, but it does have lacrosse lines on the field.

They can add more bleacher seats to the western/far side of the field. There is a slope to the area for sitting on the grass to watch the games. The small turf area above the field is a 4x4 size field for training and pick up games. The parking under the trees as the road goes over to the running track is a perfect area for pre and post game family friendly (a bit more hidden from them) tailgating.

This area has all the making of a great D3 stadium with a few key improvements that the Eagles and Queens University can partner up on.

I'm a happy camper and I will now get to see a few MLS players coming through my home town once in a while in the new USLPro/MLS Reserve League team new location. grin

#287309 - 01/24/13 09:54 AM Re: Charlotte Eagles have a new home field [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

I might even have to start a supporters group in Charlotte. There is no real independent supporter group at the moment.

The Charlotte Birds of Pray(ing)

That sounds like a great name* to me.
We will not allow any public swearing in our group during the game (say whatever you want in private), no rude taunting of the other teams intending to create failure, or throwing of anything onto the field during the run of play.

*The team is operated by an Evangelical Protestant Christian sports group and you would understand my choice of names for the fictional supporter group I talked about last season more if you sat through the mandatory pre game prayers before the signing of the national anthem at Charlotte Christian Academy...?

My first thought was...? What if this team has Jewish, African, or Asian players on this team, (or the other team) and they are not Christian? That might be seen as a bit rude, even when unintended...? Just my way of liberal thinking you don't have to believe in it. grin

http://www.charlotteeagles.com/ABOUT/index_E.html

http://www.maisoccer.com/main/

Edited by jw7 (01/24/13 10:18 PM)

#287314 - 01/24/13 10:51 AM Re: Charlotte Eagles have a new home field [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

#287333 - 01/24/13 12:50 PM Re: Charlotte Eagles have a new home field [Re: jw7]
Mikey Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Charleston, SC
not familiar with the location but going to try to make the Batterys match up there this season.

Mike

"Hate soccer. Hate USL. Hate MLS. I could freaking care less. I'm just going to enjoy what I have." -Yankiboy 11-9-2007

#287354 - 01/24/13 02:52 PM Re: Charlotte Eagles have a new home field [Re: Mikey]
Silly Offline
Novice

They could have played in a parking lot and it would have been an improvement over that horrible field they were playing on.

#287368 - 01/24/13 09:46 PM Re: Charlotte Eagles have a new home field [Re: Silly]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://charlotteeagles.ticketleap.com/2013-eagles-season-tickets/

$55 gets you eight flex tickets and the parking and shade tress for the tailgate are all free.
$50 youth (under 18) ticket for all the home games.
$75 gets you a full season pass to all the men's and woman's team home games.
$170 gets your whole family into all the home games for both teams and a bunch of other fun soccer stuff.

I love the lower divisions of American soccer.
cool

#287370 - 01/24/13 10:08 PM Re: Charlotte Eagles have a new home field [Re: Mikey]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

Originally Posted By: Mikey
not familiar with the location but going to try to make the Batterys match up there this season.

Mike

Tuesday May 14th, 7:00pm
Lets plan a tailgate before the game.

#287376 - 01/25/13 09:54 AM Re: Charlotte Eagles have a new home field [Re: jw7]
Mikey Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Charleston, SC
our only chance to head up there this year! going to try but mid week will be tough!

"Hate soccer. Hate USL. Hate MLS. I could freaking care less. I'm just going to enjoy what I have." -Yankiboy 11-9-2007

USL Discussions Chatter
Riverhounds tie for final playoff spot
by Msilverstein47
Yesterday at 08:29 PM
San Antonio MLS???
by Msilverstein47
Yesterday at 11:41 AM
Cosmos, not the farce I was expecting
by Msilverstein47
Yesterday at 11:33 AM
Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen.
by jw7
08/28/14 09:06 PM
MLS here they come
by Msilverstein47
08/26/14 08:42 PM
2014 Hounds
by Pghsoccer
08/26/14 12:35 PM
Aztex Opening Match
by Msilverstein47
08/26/14 07:30 AM
Hammerheads on the Move...