USL/NASL Discussions USLSoccer.com :: USLFans.com :: TheCup.us :: NASL.com | Links | Link to US !
Article Posting Guidelines are spelled out here. Thanks
Announcement: After 15 years of life, these boards have dwindled to a place for a mere handful of folks to post links and have the rare discussion. Having born the financial burden for both the hosting and the software for that same 15 year period, and just not having the time anymore for this effort, I have decided to shutdown these boards at the end of the USL & NASL season later this Fall. It has truly been a blast to have been part of growing a nation-wide fanbase thru internet interaction, that in 1999 was slim or non-existent for the Lower Divisions of Soccer. That has all changed and for the better. Fan support around the country is nothing like what it was when I started this, so from that perspective, I feel I accomplished my small part in contributing to growing that connection into what it is today. Thanks for everyone's support over the years, and especially for all the friendships across the country that Vicki and I have so enjoyed (and still do) over the years. Thanks !! Dan Barnes
Who's Online
1 registered (Msilverstein47), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
Msilverstein47 67
Pghsoccer 17
futbol49 8
jw7 6
Yankiboy 5
Forum Stats
7278 Members
134 Forums
28291 Topics
297816 Posts

Max Online: 152 @ 09/20/13 11:24 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#287251 - 01/23/13 03:23 PM AWAKEN THE BEAST (HOME OPENER TIFO CREW ASSEMBLE!)
pfutz Offline
First Team Starter

By now you're all probably feeling a bit anxious. It was -17 yesterday sure, but today it hit almost 14 degrees! You're probably thinking now, we're on the up and up. Spring is just around the corner!

And you'd be right. As we speak, signings are happening, wheels are rolling up in Soccer Suburb, USA (Blaine). And down here in MSP? Things are about to start rolling for the Dark Clouds, too.

Last year at our season opener we unfurled the largest banner this league has ever seen. It not only set the standard in the NASL but got us a lot of attention from the folks up in MLS.

(that's about a 1/4th of it)

Last season we got that attention. This season, we're gonna do something with it.

Development of the 2013 project is kept pretty under wraps. We like it to be a surprise for our friends and family as much as for other fans in the league. What I will tell you though is this:

2013's display is unparalleled in this sport.

In order to back that claim up though, we need help. We need hands, we need supplies, support, donations, you name it. In the coming weeks we are going to begin amassing supplies. Last seasons banner cost us almost 1,000 dollars. This seasons is expected to surpass that.

Thankfully, our new membership system is going to cover a lot of that cost. It makes it much easier to have things like this happen. That said, there will still be a lot of peripheral costs that the membership funds wont cover (at least if we want to make sure we can provide all the other cool stuff to you, too). If you'd like to help make this happen by donating funds, shoot me a message and we can work it out.

But Pfutz, I'm poor!

That's ok Pfutz, I am, too.

We need help beyond money. We're going to need creative, crafty folks. I can't say more than that — so email dctifo at gmail dot com to get involved.

Things we know we need:

Money for or supplies of:

- Fabric
- More Fabric
- Projector
- White crayons/fabric pencils
- Paint
- Poles/PVC
- craft supplies
- Cardboard
- Paint brushes
- Paint trays
- rollers/brushes
- painters tape
- glue
- various hardware/fixtures

Manpower needed:

cutting
measuring
sewing (with machine)
tracing
painting
taping
game day duties (explained via email)

Timeline: We will be working over the next 2 months, with major efforts begining early in feb. Working sessions will start at once weekly and ramp up to 3 or more depending on how things are going.

Demonstrating our support through passionate creativity, in song and banner, is what makes us who we are. When it comes to creativity, the DC's have always punched above our weight. I believe it's made us better supporters than anyone else in the United States—now let's work together to prove that.

Email dctifo at gmail dot com to get involved.

Edited by pfutz (01/23/13 09:03 PM)

#287252 - 01/23/13 03:31 PM Re: AWAKEN THE BEAST (HOME OPENER TIFO CREW ASSEMBLE!) [Re: pfutz]
Ayeready Offline
First Team Member

Proud to be the left knee cap of this Dark Cloud Voltron!

#287261 - 01/23/13 04:30 PM Re: AWAKEN THE BEAST (HOME OPENER TIFO CREW ASSEMBLE!) [Re: Ayeready]
ajwatt Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: NE Minneapolis
Just sayin', my sources indicate that $450 of supporters club money was used for banner materials last year. I don't mean to downplay the contributions that people made, but nor should the contributions of supporters club members be downplayed.

#287262 - 01/23/13 04:48 PM Re: AWAKEN THE BEAST (HOME OPENER TIFO CREW ASSEMBLE!) [Re: ajwatt]
pfutz Offline
First Team Starter

Originally Posted By: ajwatt
Just sayin', my sources indicate that $450 of supporters club money was used for banner materials last year. I don't mean to downplay the contributions that people made, but nor should the contributions of supporters club members be downplayed.

Thanks, for bringing that up. It is a valid point. Last season member funds were only available after the fact, and only as a incomplete percentage of total costs. and therefore all costs were absorbed by individual members upfront. This is an encumbering process that I'm hoping to limit the burden of.

I'm gonna shoot you a PM to clear some stuff up about the financial situation!

Edited by pfutz (01/23/13 04:57 PM)

#287265 - 01/23/13 05:12 PM Re: AWAKEN THE BEAST (HOME OPENER TIFO CREW ASSEMBLE!) [Re: pfutz]
Minnesota NiceFC Offline
First Team Starter

Loc: NE MPLS
I can sew and do fabric-y stuff.

#287267 - 01/23/13 06:13 PM Re: AWAKEN THE BEAST (HOME OPENER TIFO CREW ASSEMBLE!) [Re: Minnesota NiceFC]
HooligansFC Offline
First Team Member

Loc: Duluth, MN
I'm in, I'm crafty and such. let me know what i can do from here and depending on the schedule maybe i can get down a few times. when it gets closer to game day, I'll try to commit more and be apart of the unfurling. As for money, I can spare a few bucks. where does it go?

#287268 - 01/23/13 06:16 PM Re: AWAKEN THE BEAST (HOME OPENER TIFO CREW ASSEMBLE!) [Re: HooligansFC]
HooligansFC Offline
First Team Member

Loc: Duluth, MN
can i be the right shoulder? generally when someone charges another the right shoulder is used. I would like to do that damage.

#287272 - 01/23/13 07:16 PM Re: AWAKEN THE BEAST (HOME OPENER TIFO CREW ASSEMBLE!) [Re: HooligansFC]
GumbyGrrl Offline
First Team Starter

Loc: Blaine
I sew and am crafty at times. I'll even vacuum/move the cat's favorite sleeping area before I sew big stretches of fabric this time...

I'm also in for other random things as needed.

"At the end of the day, that's a soccer game." - Coach Lagos

#287277 - 01/23/13 08:14 PM Re: AWAKEN THE BEAST (HOME OPENER TIFO CREW ASSEMBLE!) [Re: GumbyGrrl]
c0ldfuse Offline
First Team Member

Loc: mpls
As I told you before my labor and financial support is contingent on the renaming of the group to the Dark Brads.

Edit:
Email sent.

Edited by c0ldfuse (01/23/13 08:17 PM)

#287279 - 01/23/13 08:34 PM Re: AWAKEN THE BEAST (HOME OPENER TIFO CREW ASSEMBLE!) [Re: c0ldfuse]
pfutz Offline
First Team Starter

After we have a more signifigant internal discussion about funding the project via memberships we'll have a clear picture on the situation with donations.

Obviously this is why we have paid memberships - I just wasn't clear on financial allocations at the time that I posted this thread!

Thanks for the outpour of support, in simple terms: we'll get back to you

Regarding volunteering - just shoot me an email at dctifo@gmail.com and you'll all get brought up to speed!

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  hairygrump, jimcrist 
USL Discussions Chatter
Riverhounds tie for final playoff spot
by Pghsoccer
08/29/14 07:27 PM
San Antonio MLS???
by Msilverstein47
08/29/14 11:41 AM
Cosmos, not the farce I was expecting
by Msilverstein47
08/29/14 11:33 AM
Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen.
by jw7
08/28/14 09:06 PM
MLS here they come
by Msilverstein47
08/26/14 08:42 PM
2014 Hounds
by Pghsoccer
08/26/14 12:35 PM
Aztex Opening Match
by Msilverstein47
08/26/14 07:30 AM
Hammerheads on the Move...