USL/NASL Discussions USLSoccer.com :: USLFans.com :: TheCup.us :: NASL.com | Links | Link to US !
Article Posting Guidelines are spelled out here. Thanks
Announcement: After 15 years of life, these boards have dwindled to a place for a mere handful of folks to post links and have the rare discussion. Having born the financial burden for both the hosting and the software for that same 15 year period, and just not having the time anymore for this effort, I have decided to shutdown these boards at the end of the USL & NASL season later this Fall. It has truly been a blast to have been part of growing a nation-wide fanbase thru internet interaction, that in 1999 was slim or non-existent for the Lower Divisions of Soccer. That has all changed and for the better. Fan support around the country is nothing like what it was when I started this, so from that perspective, I feel I accomplished my small part in contributing to growing that connection into what it is today. Thanks for everyone's support over the years, and especially for all the friendships across the country that Vicki and I have so enjoyed (and still do) over the years. Thanks !! Dan Barnes
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
jw7 28
Pghsoccer 17
futbol49 12
Msilverstein47 11
Mikeyratt 6
Forum Stats
7278 Members
134 Forums
28300 Topics
298009 Posts

Max Online: 152 @ 09/20/13 11:24 PM
Page 3 of 57 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 56 57 >
Topic Options
#285383 - 11/21/12 07:29 AM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: bq]
Soccer Boy Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Negril, Jamaica
Originally Posted By: bq
The closest person I could think of would be Johnny Menyonger when he was in his prime or Melvin Tarley when he was in his... whatever Melvin was in at the time. But Melvin did have two successive 9 goal seasons if I recall correctly. Heck, Melvin scored 5 goals for Phnom Penh Crown this year. But I digress - and so does Melvin.

What is Johnny up to? Is he still playing in the I-Leauge?

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley, former Liverpool manager

#TradeNickRogers

#285384 - 11/21/12 07:52 AM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: hairygrump]
c0ldfuse Offline
First Team Member

Loc: mpls
Originally Posted By: hairygrump
Originally Posted By: c0ldfuse
Yup. I'll be the one to say he's an idiot if he doesn't follow through with Med School.

Unfortunately, this is the way of professional sports.
Why would that make somebody an idiot? Are they closing medical school next year?

Because a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

#285385 - 11/21/12 08:11 AM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: hairygrump]
TurkishZath Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: St. Paul, MN
Yup. I'll be the one to say he's an idiot if he doesn't follow through with Med School.

Why would that make somebody an idiot? Are they closing medical school next year?

If Kyle doesn't go this year, he likely is going to need to re-take prerequisites and reapply. He also will need to re-take the MCAT, scores from which generally are valid for three years.

Essentially, if Kyle doesn't go this summer, he likely will be starting from scratch and adding an additional 2-3 years to an already lengthy process.

We are starstuff, we are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. - J. Michael Straczynski

#285386 - 11/21/12 09:03 AM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: TurkishZath]
GumbyGrrl Offline
First Team Starter

Loc: Blaine
Ernest isn't in town anymore, but plans to be back in February.

"At the end of the day, that's a soccer game." - Coach Lagos

#285387 - 11/21/12 09:22 AM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: TurkishZath]
jimcrist Offline
First Team Member

Loc: mpls
Originally Posted By: TurkishZath

If Kyle doesn't go this year, he likely is going to need to re-take prerequisites and reapply. He also will need to re-take the MCAT, scores from which generally are valid for three years.

Essentially, if Kyle doesn't go this summer, he likely will be starting from scratch and adding an additional 2-3 years to an already lengthy process.

dark clouds could write a pretty decent letter to his school.

"kyle is building relationships, blah blah blah. developing leadership skills, blah blah blah. promoting physical fitness and well being to a large group of onlookers blah blah blah. providing positive prosocial example of a well rounded individual blah."

#285388 - 11/21/12 09:22 AM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: TurkishZath]
hairygrump Offline
First Team Starter

Originally Posted By: TurkishZath

I know that stuff, but the way I look at it, you can start medical school in your mid thirties. Lots of people do. Most people can't be competitive professional center backs into their 30s.

He's got a bird in his hand now. The bird in the bush is an MD.

Honestly you gotta envy the guy's problems. Which dream do I want to continue to chase? That's really all it comes down to.

#285389 - 11/21/12 10:33 AM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: hairygrump]
nathan3e Offline
First Team Starter

Loc: Kingfield MPLS
If I could move away from medical school for a moment, I would like to point out that MLS has just flooded the market with players who are more than capable of succeeding at this level. New Jersey Sports Drinks alone put Bill Gaudette, Stephen Keel, Corey Hertzog, Jhonny Arteaga, and Jose Angulo out there. I don't think I exaggerate when I say that these players could likely make our team better.

#285390 - 11/21/12 02:54 PM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: nathan3e]
DigitalGopher Offline
Reserve Squad Member

Loc: Apple Valley, MN

Neil Hlavaty to FC Edmonton

http://www.fcedmonton.com/news/2012-11-2...the%20Line%20Up

Hlavaty said. “Finally, I want to thank Manny Lagos and the entire staff in Minnesota. They gave me a platform to establish myself in this growing league and I head to Edmonton with great memories and friendships in the Twin Cities.”

#285391 - 11/21/12 03:42 PM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: DigitalGopher]
kj Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Minneapolis
Nooooooooooooo!

Strange and beautiful are the stars tonight.

#285392 - 11/21/12 04:33 PM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: kj]
HooligansFC Offline
First Team Member

Loc: Duluth, MN
[censored]... that's a disappointment. Hell of a hard worker and a great guy. Thanks Neil and good luck to you!

Page 3 of 57 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 56 57 >

Moderator:  hairygrump, jimcrist 
USL Discussions Chatter
MLS referee suspended
by Msilverstein47
10/23/14 06:00 PM
Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen.
by jw7
10/21/14 11:57 PM
Ottawa vs. FC Edmonton preview
by Msilverstein47
10/21/14 06:35 PM
Where in the world is...Nick Rogers?
by Soccer Boy
10/19/14 03:54 PM
USL PRO Fee2015
by Pghsoccer
10/17/14 09:32 PM
MLS here they come