USL/NASL Discussions USLSoccer.com :: USLFans.com :: TheCup.us :: NASL.com | Links | Link to US !
Article Posting Guidelines are spelled out here. Thanks
Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
Msilverstein47 76
jw7 22
Pghsoccer 22
futbol49 14
Soccer Boy 11
Forum Stats
7278 Members
134 Forums
28265 Topics
297659 Posts

Max Online: 152 @ 09/20/13 11:24 PM
Page 2 of 57 < 1 2 3 4 ... 56 57 >
Topic Options
#285373 - 11/20/12 03:54 PM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: TurkishZath]
GumbyGrrl Offline
First Team Starter

Loc: Blaine
Originally Posted By: TurkishZath
As far as I know, Kyle hasn't announced, or even made a decision, but he was told that if he asked for another deferral from med school for this year, they might revoke his admission entirely.

for this last season, he called the Dean directly to explain why playing for the Stars was more important than med school - for the third year in a row...

"At the end of the day, that's a soccer game." - Coach Lagos

#285374 - 11/20/12 04:07 PM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: GumbyGrrl]
c0ldfuse Offline
First Team Member

Loc: mpls
Yup. I'll be the one to say he's an idiot if he doesn't follow through with Med School.

Unfortunately, this is the way of professional sports.

#285375 - 11/20/12 04:17 PM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: GumbyGrrl]
bq Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Minnesota
Zath is right, unless you know something we don't - which could be the case. But he was pretty much telling everyone things were still up in the air just a week ago. And he wasn't going back to New Mexico this year but hanging around here. I think Justin Davis and of course Kevin Friedland were staying. Brian Kallman lives here so he's staying. Not sure who else.

Funny, when I read the initial post by Zath my first thought was, why is he posting that, he knows we could never afford..... oh ya. Things are different now, aren't they. LOL.

Seriously, I did go through that scenario. I think the new overlords will be careful with the money, but they do have the ability to go out and get an actual striker who can produce numbers. Since the Kicks, have we ever had a proven goal scorer on one of our teams?

The closest person I could think of would be Johnny Menyonger when he was in his prime or Melvin Tarley when he was in his... whatever Melvin was in at the time. But Melvin did have two successive 9 goal seasons if I recall correctly. Heck, Melvin scored 5 goals for Phnom Penh Crown this year. But I digress - and so does Melvin.

#285376 - 11/20/12 06:09 PM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: TurkishZath]
Soccer Boy Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Negril, Jamaica
As far as I know, Kyle hasn't announced, or even made a decision, but he was told that if he asked for another deferral from med school for this year, they might revoke his admission entirely.

I was chatting with Kyle just recently. He is a big question mark and gave no hints what he is going to do.

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley, former Liverpool manager

#TradeNickRogers

#285377 - 11/20/12 06:17 PM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: TurkishZath]
Soccer Boy Offline
Hall Of Famer

Never too early, right?

Vancouver cut Etienne Barbara loose and he went unclaimed in the waiver draft. Would be a good pick up if we have the money and no other MLS teams bite....

This is hilarious. I loved hearing from people talk smack at me when I gave my opinions about Etienne Barbara. I find it interesting that some dont remember the guy as he scored 20 goals two years ago.

I do think Pablo is a much more memorable player. Seriously, I was in Bricks with the guy once and his ego pushed me off the bar stool and out the door. His head butt against the Stars will forever memorialize him as being a first class a$$hole.

I bet he goes MLS and sees little reserve time. Five years from now he will be living in Omaha and running a soccer school.

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley, former Liverpool manager

#TradeNickRogers

#285378 - 11/20/12 06:20 PM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: Soccer Boy]
Soccer Boy Offline
Hall Of Famer

I know Taka and Ernest are in town. I saw them running near the NCS the other day. Taka was going to play indoor with the team in Syracuse, but it did not work out. Geison, Cristiano and Lucas are playing indoor. I thought DelDo was going to play, but not sure if anything worked out.

I think Davis and Kallman will be back. Kallman is playing some good soccer and would be dumb to hang up the boots.

#TradeNickRogers

#285379 - 11/20/12 08:34 PM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: Soccer Boy]
Minnesota NiceFC Offline
First Team Starter

Loc: NE MPLS
I know that Tobin is back this next year. I imagine that all the players signed this year had an option on their contracts as he did. Altman is at least in town and training with those still around.

#285380 - 11/21/12 07:09 AM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: c0ldfuse]
hairygrump Offline
First Team Starter

Originally Posted By: c0ldfuse
Yup. I'll be the one to say he's an idiot if he doesn't follow through with Med School.

Unfortunately, this is the way of professional sports.
Why would that make somebody an idiot? Are they closing medical school next year?

#285381 - 11/21/12 07:15 AM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: Soccer Boy]
jimcrist Offline
First Team Member

Loc: mpls
Originally Posted By: Soccer Boy
Taka was going to play indoor with the team in Syracuse, but it did not work out.

lucky him. a winter in syracuse is a soul crushing experience that only a few are equipped to handle.

#285382 - 11/21/12 07:22 AM Re: 2013 Roster Speculation Thread [Re: jimcrist]
hairygrump Offline
First Team Starter

Originally Posted By: jimcrist
Originally Posted By: Soccer Boy
Taka was going to play indoor with the team in Syracuse, but it did not work out.

lucky him. a winter in syracuse is a soul crushing experience t hat only a few are equipped to handle.

Page 2 of 57 < 1 2 3 4 ... 56 57 >

Moderator:  hairygrump, jimcrist 
USL Discussions Chatter
2014 Hounds
by Pghsoccer
Yesterday at 07:38 PM
new stadium for MLS?
by Pghsoccer
Yesterday at 02:22 PM
Brazil U17s train/scrimmage at Monteverde Academy
by Msilverstein47
Yesterday at 12:39 PM
PDL playoff hunt...
by Msilverstein47
Yesterday at 10:51 AM
2011 USL PDL attendance hits new high
by Msilverstein47
Yesterday at 07:40 AM
Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen.
by Msilverstein47
Yesterday at 06:59 AM
What's happening with soccer in Jacksonville?
by Msilverstein47
07/22/14 05:38 PM
2014 WPSL Championships in Maryland
by Msilverstein47
07/22/14 01:05 PM
your 2014 W-League
by Msilverstein47
07/22/14 01:04 PM
St. Louis could be great...
by Msilverstein47
07/22/14 08:31 AM