USL/NASL Discussions USLSoccer.com :: USLFans.com :: TheCup.us :: NASL.com | Links | Link to US !
Article Posting Guidelines are spelled out here. Thanks
Announcement: After 15 years of life, these boards have dwindled to a place for a mere handful of folks to post links and have the rare discussion. Having born the financial burden for both the hosting and the software for that same 15 year period, and just not having the time anymore for this effort, I have decided to shutdown these boards at the end of the USL & NASL season later this Fall. It has truly been a blast to have been part of growing a nation-wide fanbase thru internet interaction, that in 1999 was slim or non-existent for the Lower Divisions of Soccer. That has all changed and for the better. Fan support around the country is nothing like what it was when I started this, so from that perspective, I feel I accomplished my small part in contributing to growing that connection into what it is today. Thanks for everyone's support over the years, and especially for all the friendships across the country that Vicki and I have so enjoyed (and still do) over the years. Thanks !! Dan Barnes
Who's Online
1 registered (matthew), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
jw7 27
Pghsoccer 15
Msilverstein47 10
futbol49 9
Soccer Boy 7
Forum Stats
7278 Members
134 Forums
28302 Topics
298023 Posts

Max Online: 152 @ 09/20/13 11:24 PM
Page 40 of 114 < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 113 114 >
Topic Options
#278815 - 03/19/12 11:55 AM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://www.newsday.com/sports/soccer/kind-words-save-fifa-s-relationship-with-brazil-1.3608701

BRASILIA, Brazil - (AP) -- Kind words were all it took to get FIFA and Brazil back on the same page.

With a smile on his face, Blatter shook hands with Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff and gave her a gift... In return, Brazilian congressmen took the FIFA official to a traditional Brazilian lunch.

#278831 - 03/19/12 11:36 PM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/so...0414/index.html

SAO PAULO (AP) -Ricardo Teixeira, the former head of Brazilian football, resigned from FIFA's executive committee on Monday citing "personal reasons.''

Teixeira was head of the Brazilian federation for 23 years, earning praise for revamping the entity but receiving criticism for allegations of irregularities in his administration.

#278832 - 03/19/12 11:41 PM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/...ts-fifa?cc=5901

Teixeira's decision was announced by the South American body CONMEBOL, which he represented on the FIFA committee.

CONMEBOL published a copy of Teixeira's brief resignation letter, which was addressed to the regional body's president Dr Nicolas Leoz.

In the letter, Teixeira thanks Dr Leoz, CONMEBOL executives and the presidents of South American national associations for their support during his term in office.

#278879 - 03/21/12 08:54 AM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: Soccer Boy]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

Agenda
-cut and past it, or find it at the link below
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/bodies/01/60/38/98/excoagenda%5fmarch2012.pdf

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/bodies/news/newsid=1603912/

FIFA Executive Committee
Agenda no 22
March 29-30 2012

Agenda item 28

28.1 Report by the chairman of the Task Force Ethics Committee, Claudia Sulser
28.2 Report by the chairman of the Task Force Revision of Statutes, Dr Theo Zwanziger
28.3 Report by the chairman of the Task Force Transparency & Compliance, Frank van Hattum
28.4 Report by the chairman of the Independent Governance Committee Prof. Mark Pieth

As usual, a media conference will follow this Executive Committee meeting. This media conference is scheduled to take place at the Home of FIFA in Zurich at 17.00 CET on Friday 30 March. However, please note that this scheduled time is subject to change and may vary depending on the duration of the meeting. The media conference will be streamed live on FIFA.com.

#278880 - 03/21/12 09:05 AM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/bodies/news/newsid=1558606/index.html

December 17, 2011
FIFA Executive Committee meeting in Tokyo

"The four task forces have already had their first meetings and met with their respective chairmen. And not only have they been working individually, but they will meet together early next year". "Our road map is very ambitious and we want to take time to look at the proposals made by the Independent Governance Committee so that we reach 2013 with results and decisions to be taken". "The Executive Committee is united and stands strong, and has a determination to respond to the FIFA congress and to public opinion". "FIFA will carry out the necessary reforms".
-Sepp Blatter

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/bodies/governancebodies/index.html

#278971 - 03/23/12 07:14 PM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: Soccer Boy]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/3762ca44-72ed-11e1-9be9-00144feab49a.html#axzz1pzX1Z5Ta

Fifa may yet regret choosing Mark Pieth to clean it up. The cheery Swiss criminologist might actually do the job – and a lot more aggressively than the global football authority expects.

Pieth comes from a world where perceived integrity is all. Starting out under suspicion of being Blatter’s creature, he has since been almost obliged to take the toughest line possible. Certainly he now sounds more like Fifa’s scourge than its stooge.

Pieth’s own motivation to get involved wasn’t love of football. Mostly, he says, it was concern for Switzerland. Everything about this neat lawyer screams Swiss-German establishment. Yet he says, “Switzerland had a long history of organisations based there doing all sorts of strange stuff.

Initially, Pieth spoke only of Fifa’s future. Yet over the months, he seems quietly to have been moving to Schenk’s position: the past must be examined too. “We have conducted extensive hearings with people with allegations about the past,” he says. It is understood that the committee heard of some grisly goings-on around the World Cup bids.

Pieth suggests his own committee lacks the resources for deep investigations. “If you have to go into the Middle East, it’s very difficult to run an investigation. And it’s very costly.” But he now hopes that if he can create an independent judiciary inside Fifa, it could investigate past scandals.

The prospect of future investigations should excite the English, Americans and other losing bidders in the 2018 and 2022 races. Conceivably, the hosting of both World Cups could be reconsidered. Even Blatter has said that if Pieth thinks this is necessary, it could happen. Schenk has thought hard about how this might be done. She told me: “I had wanted Russia and Qatar to say, ‘We’ll open all the books, we want this cleared up, so that all this talk stops.’ Unfortunately neither of them has done that.”

#278973 - 03/23/12 07:46 PM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

Yet when Pieth was appointed, some scoffed that Blatter expected his fellow Swiss German to deliver a whitewash. Certainly Pieth’s work on Fifa got off to a bad start. Sylvia Schenk, sports adviser to the anti-corruption body Transparency International, pulled out of the process

...the initial uproar may have done some good.

“If you have the governance structure of a hunting club, and you deal with billions per year, you just run huge risks. These guys are working with a kind of impunity. As a criminal lawyer I quite understand why people are so angry.”

“It evokes a picture of, ‘You do things in the family, you don’t go public with certain things.’ What about the fans – aren’t they part of the family?”

“So it’s no coincidence that at the moment Switzerland is rethinking its laws and regulations. The minister of sport, who is also the minister of defence, has asked for a report. My point about this from the inside is: why do we always have to offer our terrain to greedy people? A place like Switzerland should define base rules.”

“You need people who know what it’s about. My resolve has been fortified by having all these insiders saying, ‘I want this house to be cleaned up.’ It’s quite impressive what they are ready to sign up to.”

“I’m not too worried about people who have a heavy past, or who have all these allegations against them. They are too focused on surviving, or on stepping down at the right moment – I will let you interpret what I mean. I’m much more focused on future potential presidents. I see them as potential allies.”

“I’m at the moment pretty optimistic. But it’s very open. If it works out I’ll be patted on the back. If it fails I’ll be an idiot. I think we will know by mid-April whether they are serious.” And if they aren’t? “If we are unsuccessful, we would have to walk away. ‘We’ve had it, goodbye.’ This would be a dreary result. Sponsors, the media, everybody would be left with something they couldn’t really digest, and Fifa would just carry on.

Who would force Fifa?”

A decade ago, being an Exco member was something to boast about at parties. Now it’s an embarrassment.

#278974 - 03/23/12 08:16 PM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

Fair play is a fundamental part of the game of football. It represents the positive benefits of playing by the rules, using common sense and respecting fellow players, referees, opponents and fans.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/socialresponsibility/about.html

In achieving its mission of “building a better future”, FIFA aims to lead by example and channel the power of football and the influence of the organisation on the game and its stakeholders towards making positive impacts on society and the environment.

Football is actively played by millions around the world and watched by billions. Ensuring that the game of football reflects the highest values of society is essential to FIFA. Through its regulations and actions on and off the pitch, FIFA fights negative influences on the game and ensures that the fundamental values are respected.

At the core of FIFA’s aim to develop the game and touch the world are the FIFA tournaments organised at regular intervals around the world. Naturally, these competitions are an essential part of FIFA’s corporate social responsibility strategy as they offer exceptional platforms to raise awareness, highlight particular issues and implement projects and campaigns on the ground.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/bodies/excoandemergency/committee=1882020.html

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/bodies/excoandemergency/index.html

Switzerland
Argentina
Cameroon
Spain
France
Papua New Guinea
Jordan
Northern Ireland
Belgium
Brazil
Turkey
USA
Paraguay
Cyprus
Cote d Ivoire
Guatemala
Egypt
Russia
Algeria
Sir Lanka
Germany
China
France

#278975 - 03/23/12 10:35 PM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

"Who would force Fifa?"

The biggest group, the most important group, the ones who care the most and are the most powerful group of every sporting event the world over... Who do you think they keep asking to help them?

THE FANS!
-The ones that pay everybody's salary!
-The ones that build the new stadiums!
-The ones that fill those seats!
-The ones that attract the sponsorship money!
-The ones that watch the games on TV!

This is our sport and they all work for us.

#279008 - 03/25/12 06:21 PM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: Soccer Boy]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/03/25/fifa-to-get-tough-report-on-corruption/

Mark Pieth told the Associated Press that FIFA President Sepp Blatter's executive committee would be wise to accept "most everything" when the proposals are presented Friday.

FIFA has already received the panel's 15-page interim report, which Pieth will explain in detail to Blatter's high command during its two-day meeting beginning Thursday.

In the name of transparency, Pieth will also publish the interim 15-page report next month for everyone to see.

"I will throw it out shortly and it will be readable," he said.

Page 40 of 114 < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 113 114 >

Moderator:  Leo'o 
USL Discussions Chatter
Donovan and Bocanegra follow Raul to NASL/Cosmos
by jw7
Yesterday at 09:13 PM
Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen.
by jw7
Yesterday at 08:31 AM
Cosmos, not the farce I was expecting
by futbol49
Yesterday at 07:59 AM
1500+: One Suppporter's Journey
by Soccer Boy
10/29/14 10:35 PM
I'll miss Chuckie...
by Msilverstein47
10/29/14 09:05 AM
MLS expansion franchise???