USL/NASL Discussions USLSoccer.com :: USLFans.com :: TheCup.us :: NASL.com | Links | Link to US !
Article Posting Guidelines are spelled out here. Thanks
Announcement: After 15 years of life, these boards have dwindled to a place for a mere handful of folks to post links and have the rare discussion. Having born the financial burden for both the hosting and the software for that same 15 year period, and just not having the time anymore for this effort, I have decided to shutdown these boards at the end of the USL & NASL season later this Fall. It has truly been a blast to have been part of growing a nation-wide fanbase thru internet interaction, that in 1999 was slim or non-existent for the Lower Divisions of Soccer. That has all changed and for the better. Fan support around the country is nothing like what it was when I started this, so from that perspective, I feel I accomplished my small part in contributing to growing that connection into what it is today. Thanks for everyone's support over the years, and especially for all the friendships across the country that Vicki and I have so enjoyed (and still do) over the years. Thanks !! Dan Barnes
Who's Online
1 registered (Msilverstein47), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
jw7 34
Msilverstein47 30
Pghsoccer 21
Yankiboy 14
futbol49 7
Forum Stats
7278 Members
134 Forums
28310 Topics
298130 Posts

Max Online: 152 @ 09/20/13 11:24 PM
Page 21 of 118 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 117 118 >
Topic Options
#275253 - 10/11/11 07:42 AM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: Soccer Boy]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/7087244/fifa-begins-hearing-15-caribbean-bribery-cases

ZURICH -- The latest wave of FIFA election bribery cases began Tuesday, as 15 Caribbean soccer officials started explaining their part in an alleged plot involving former presidential candidate Mohamed bin Hammam.

FIFA said its ethics committee would hear the defendants over three days, and was expected to deliver verdicts on Friday.

Blatter is scheduled on Oct. 21 to provide details of his promised anti-corruption project to clean up world soccer and its damaged image.

#275254 - 10/11/11 07:50 AM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://www.insideworldfootball.biz/world...ims-beckenbauer

"We all saw what happened with the award of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups," Beckenbauer said.
"Football is run by people who, perhaps, profit a little from the process.
"Everyone is demanding reforms from Sepp Blatter but what sort of reforms?"

Platini is widely regarded as being a shoo-in for Blatter's position in 2015 and Beckenbauer - himself once a pretender to the most coveted job in world football - says the Frenchman would be the natural choice.

"I think he'll [Platini] be the next FIFA President."

#275256 - 10/11/11 08:39 AM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
Mikeyratt Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: down in the corner where all t...
no revote will happen. best we can hope for is Mexico doesn't bid on 2026

#275258 - 10/11/11 10:08 AM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: Mikeyratt]
Leitbringer Offline
Novice

Loc: Brooklyn Park, MN
I do not think the revote will happen because the Qatari football association said that hammam had nothing to do with the bid for the world cup. They recognize that he did bribe during his campaign for FIFA president.
FIFA is riddled with corruption, all we can do is hope and pray.

#275271 - 10/12/11 05:52 PM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: Leitbringer]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://blogs.wsj.com/corruption-currents...sed-over-gifts/

In a report Wednesday, the Daily Telegraph alleges the video shows members of the CFU listening to a speaker off-camera who says they must decide whether to accept bin Hammam’s offer of $40,000 each, and urges them to vote for him over the incumbent, Joseph “Sepp” Blatter, in a presidential election to lead FIFA.

FIFA’s Ethics Committee is hearing trials this week for the Caribbean officials under investigation for allegedly taking the money. The video, according to the Telegraph report, is being shown to those appearing this week before the FIFA Ethics Committee.

#275272 - 10/12/11 06:01 PM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/12/jack-warner-fifa-conspiracy?newsfeed=true

Jack Warner has claimed the leak of a video appearing to show him urging officials to accept cash gifts from Mohamed bin Hammam shows there is a conspiracy against Caribbean football.

Warner said in an email to the Press Association: "The release of this video is tantamount to contempt because it seeks to influence international opinion against what is clearly a conspiracy against the delegates of the Caribbean Football Union.

"Moreover there are a lot more questions which the Fifa should answer from this convenient revelation.

"The Caribbean delegates are currently in Zurich and are actively involved in disciplinary proceedings established by the Fifa so this leak is clearly subjudicious [sic] and contrary to the very principles of law and justice.

"Regretfully, this is what defines the Fifa; a perceived right to do all in its power, right or wrong, to defend its own."

The video: The second clip is the full and unedited.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...-delegates.html

Warner begins the meeting by asking: “Is there media here?” On being told there are no journalists present, he explains the detail behind Bin Hammam’s “gifts” but stresses they should not be seen by the outside world to have come from Bin Hammam.

Warner says: “We have to ensure Platini is not some automatic inheritor of Fifa. Because I tell you if that happens Fifa will become a French province. Forever.
“The fact is that Platini is being groomed to succeed Mr Blatter and we don’t know if it is in our best interests to have a French president, a French general secretary ... but in any event I don’t think it’s in our best interests to do that.

#275273 - 10/12/11 06:11 PM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://www.worldfootballinsider.com/Story.aspx?id=34731

FIFA vice-president Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein tells INSIDER he is looking to make a significant impact in his new role on world football’s governing body.

After officially becoming the FIFA vice-president from Asia at the FIFA Congress in Zurich on June 1, Prince Ali will attend his first executive committee meeting on Oct. 20 and 21.

Next week's FIFA Ex-Co meeting will be under the global spotlight as president Sepp Blatter unveils his much-anticipated "radical" reforms after the fall-out from bribery allegations involving former vice-presidents Mohamed Bin Hammam and Jack Warner. A series of 2018/2022 World Cup bribery scandals have also wrecked FIFA's reputation internationally.

Concerns have been raised about the searing desert heat for a summer World Cup in Qatar. UEFA president Michel Platini has reiterated recently his desire that the tournament be moved to the winter months to accommodate players and fans.

In response, Prince Ali said: “If there was any possibility of moving it to the winter – they played the Asia Cup in Qatar in the winter and it was perfect for me – however it’s their choice and their decision.

"What’s most important is that those who are against the idea do not use this to reopen the bid. That’s all I care about.

#275295 - 10/13/11 11:09 PM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://www.stabroeknews.com/2011/news/br...-tape-doctored/

Warner, who continued his regular government schedule yesterday, was questioned during a tour of Diego Martin yesterday. He admitted to telling the delegates at the meeting to take the money and use it for development. Warner said the tapes were doctored. “I say it is my voice and the tape had been spliced with other things that I have said and I am going to reveal (prove) that,” he told reporters at Victoria Gardens yesterday.

“Wait nah man, wait.” “When I am prepared to speak (in detail) the whole world will listen.” Asked why was he refusing to speak, Warner responded sharply: “I am not refusing to speak. Why should I speak when bin Hammam has a case? Why should I in any way jeopardise his position?”

The Works and Infrastructure Minister said all he wanted was “a few more moments of blissful silence, as “in the near future, all will be revealed.”

#275296 - 10/13/11 11:13 PM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16088115

Former FA chairman Lord Triesman has called on Sepp Blatter to stand down from the Fifa presidency along with "more or less all" of its ruling officials.

He has broken a five-month silence after making allegations under parliamentary privilege about the conduct of four members of football's world governing body.
"We really need a clean sweep and a new start with some of the younger people coming through who have not been enmeshed in this for decades," he exclusively told Sky News.

Lord Triesman, ... said he has no faith that Fifa - due to announce changes to its ethics procedures late next week - can reform "in its present circumstances".

#275310 - 10/14/11 07:13 PM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

FIFA threw the book two page recycled paper pamphlet at them today.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/bodies/news/newsid=1527097/

The Ethics Committee took the following decisions:

Franka Pickering (British Virgin Islands) has been banned for a period of 18 months and has received a fine of CHF 500.

Horace Burrell (Jamaica) has been banned for a period of six months

Osiris Guzman (Dominican Republic) has been banned for a period of 30 days
Ian Hypolite (St. Vincent and the Grenadines) has been banned for a period of 30 days

The following officials have received a warning:

David Hinds (Barbados), Mark Bob Forde (Barbados), Richard Groden (Trinidad & Tobago), Yves Jean-Bart (Haiti) and Horace Reid (Jamaica)

Felix Ledesma (Dominican Republic) was considered not to have committed any violations.

The cases of David Frederick (Cayman Islands) and Joseph Delves (St. Vincent and the Grenadines) were closed since they are no longer football officials.

...........................................................................................................................

OMG what a shamm. No wonder they all took the money and most likely will again next time.

I'll take $40,000. US for a 18 month FIFA ban/vacation (ends Feb 2013) and a fine of 500 CHF. The ski boots I sold in Switzerland cost 1200 CHF a pair... They spent more than their FIFA fine while out to dinner at the FIFA conference in May.

Unbelievable smirk

Page 21 of 118 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 117 118 >

Moderator:  Leo'o 
USL Discussions Chatter
MLS very popular indeed
by Msilverstein47
11/21/14 08:57 AM
Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen.
by jw7
11/20/14 09:16 PM
MLS expansion franchise???
by Pghsoccer
11/20/14 11:14 AM
Countdown to 2011
by Msilverstein47
11/20/14 11:05 AM
gotta love it!
by Yankiboy
11/20/14 10:29 AM
2014 Eagles