USL/NASL Discussions USLSoccer.com :: USLFans.com :: TheCup.us :: NASL.com | Links | Link to US !
Article Posting Guidelines are spelled out here. Thanks
Announcement: After 15 years of life, these boards have dwindled to a place for a mere handful of folks to post links and have the rare discussion. Having born the financial burden for both the hosting and the software for that same 15 year period, and just not having the time anymore for this effort, I have decided to shutdown these boards at the end of the USL & NASL season later this Fall. It has truly been a blast to have been part of growing a nation-wide fanbase thru internet interaction, that in 1999 was slim or non-existent for the Lower Divisions of Soccer. That has all changed and for the better. Fan support around the country is nothing like what it was when I started this, so from that perspective, I feel I accomplished my small part in contributing to growing that connection into what it is today. Thanks for everyone's support over the years, and especially for all the friendships across the country that Vicki and I have so enjoyed (and still do) over the years. Thanks !! Dan Barnes
Who's Online
0 registered (), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
jw7 44
futbol49 26
Pghsoccer 21
Msilverstein47 14
Soccer Boy 14
Forum Stats
7278 Members
134 Forums
28296 Topics
297955 Posts

Max Online: 152 @ 09/20/13 11:24 PM
Page 17 of 112 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 111 112 >
Topic Options
#274097 - 08/16/11 06:14 AM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

In the end, Sepp Blatter will be seen as a brilliant man who saved FIFA.

He did not start the corruption environment, he inherited it.

He identified the sources of the problems, found a solution, implemented a plan under very difficult political conditions of opposition, set the trap, and then waited until it could be clearly seen and strongly prosecuted by others.

This was his his act to change that environment of corruption. This will be his legacy at FIFA.

It was a very complicated situation which required a close and strong knowledge of his main problems personalities, and then great planning and a lot of patients to execute. His tactics are brilliant!

cool

#274098 - 08/16/11 06:22 AM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com/accusations-ramp-up-against-fifas-chuck-blazer/13629

Jennings claims the FBI has now begun investigating the FIFA official's bank accounts for some very suspicious payments and for failure to report income, a very serious charge that the federal government does not take lightly in high-profile cases.

According to Jenning's Report [url=][/url] , it seems as though Blazer was more involved with Warner's wrong-doing than previously understood, if the reports are accurate.

#274099 - 08/16/11 06:28 AM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

A total of 6 posts today (8/16), 4 news posts, 2 opinion posts on this subject, don't miss them.

* It's all starting to come back around again. Step by step...

#274104 - 08/16/11 09:38 AM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
Mikeyratt Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: down in the corner where all t...
Blazer was Warners backstabbing and scratching hand for yours. If Warner stopped short, Blazer would brak his nose... it's only a matter of time before the go after and get him. Herr Bladder is purging everyone with even a little bit of power. And as a friends of mine said, "with all the subtlety of a third world dictator". When he's through, he'll make Stalin's purges look considerably minor league

#274123 - 08/17/11 10:38 AM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: Mikeyratt]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16037263

FIFA outcast Mohamed bin Hammam has called for whistleblower Chuck Blazer to be called before the organisation's ethics committee to explain payments made to him during the last five years.

The 62-year-old Qatari bin Hammam said: "We have, during the investigations, discovered that Chuck Blazer himself has received from the Caribbean (Football) Union $250,000. For what, God knows."
He added: "When you are claiming that the Caribbean (Football) Union does not have money, so how come a few weeks earlier you have received from the Caribbean Union $250,000?
...........................................................................................................................

Well now, the Qatari has brought up something very interesting...

Lets do what he has asked for, lets start looking at all payments made to, (and given by) FIFA administrators and executives. Lets start with Qatar's payments to other FIFA personal during the WC 2022 bid process. Lets open up everybody's books... Then, lets look at the payments to Brazil, Argentina, Spain, France, Italy, Portugal... If we find even the slightest bit of a bribe (Zero Tolerance), then lets enforce Article 16 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code: The person required to return an award shall return the benefits received and then make Qatar return the 2022 WC award.

I again agree with Mr Mohamed bin Hammam.

#274129 - 08/18/11 08:58 AM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
KickersFTW Offline
Reserve Squad Member

Funny thing is FIFA gives the US hell all the time for not adjusting to FIFA standards in its approach to soccer/football. How can you blame the US when this much corruption is behind FIFA. Its mindblowing. This corruption would stun Mexican drug cartels.
VCU GO RAMS GO!!

#274266 - 08/23/11 09:36 PM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: KickersFTW]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://www.insideworldfootball.biz/world...whistle-blowers

Proposals for the unprecedented information-gathering initiative will be presented by the end of this year in the hope of persuading as many whistle-blowers as possible to come forward.

The new approach for tackling organised crime is the brainchild of FIFA's head of security, Chris Eaton, the official at the forefront of the worldwide effort to crackdown on match-fixing.

FIFA would firstly offer a reward to any member of the public or those inside the game for material information that helps in either identifying those behind match fixing or any player, official or football administrator who is compromised.

"Principally, people who could benefit from a FIFA amnesty are players, officials or administrators who have been caught in an uncompromising situation that they wish to free themselves from."

#274272 - 08/24/11 11:05 PM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://www.mohamedbinhammam.com/en/Blog/blog.php?bIdx=1673

On Thursday, 18 August 2011, FIFA issued the motivated decisions of the Ethics Committee almost a month after the Ethics Committee decided to ban me for life. Since then, I have submitted my case to the FIFA Appeals Committee, not hoping for justice to prevail but as a protocol to enable me to obtain access to the Court of Arbitration of Sport (CAS).

The decisions of the Appeals Committee will not be any better than the Ethics Committee and I would not be surprised if another investigation will be opened.

http://www.facebook.com/mohamedbinhammam.page

#274295 - 08/26/11 05:16 PM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/26/us-soccer-blatter-rummenigge-idUSTRE77P65920110826

"The FIFA president needs to take responsibility for what is happening in his shop," (Karl-Heinz) Rummenigge told Swiss Bilanz magazine. "It is up to him to make sure that everything is done correctly, seriously and in a clean way.

"(Ousted Egyptian President) Hosni Mubarak did also not imagine a year ago that he would be chased out of office."

"Blatter does not have a good image. I sense that in countries where he is seen critically, fans have a big problem with him,"

In recent months, FIFA has been mired in corruption allegations relating to the selection of future World Cup hosts and its presidency.

"(He must push through reforms) before they are being done by his successor or before a revolution from outside arrives. Because an outside revolution will surely cause irritation and problems,"

#274296 - 08/26/11 05:24 PM Re: Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen. [Re: jw7]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...f-football.html

Im afraid for the future of football, said Platini. Its going pear-shaped. Football will always be played in the schoolyard, in the street but Im worried about the future of professional football where there are lots of red lights flashing. There are problems with match-fixing, corruption, violence, racism, hooliganism and debts.

In 2015, Platini is expected to succeed Sepp Blatter as Fifa president and believes that the controversial Swiss is tackling the stench of corruption permeating parts of his Executive Committee. The people who come to the Executive Committee are not chosen by the president, emphasised Platini.
If I am corrupted it is not because of Mr Blatter. All the big attacks on Fifa are mainly on other people, not on him. I know he is not an angel. He is political and he is a typical politician.
"I spoke to him in July and he told me he would do many things. He will present that to the Executive Committee in October. He has volunteered to have a revolution. If he cleans Fifa he will be remembered [positively]. That is his objective. We are here to help him.

Platini shudders slightly at the arrival of wealthy foreign owners at clubs like Manchester City and Paris St-Germain. I dont know where we go with this system, he lamented. If they dont earn money they will leave and the clubs will disappear.

Uefas president reiterated his intent that the new Financial Fair Play rules will be enforced.
We will not take a step back. Anyone who doesnt respect those rules will be sanctioned [with expulsion from Europe]. The fans of clubs who dont have money want Financial Fair Play. The fans who support clubs owned by a Qatari dont want it.

Page 17 of 112 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 111 112 >

Moderator:  Leo'o 
USL Discussions Chatter
Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen.
by jw7
33 minutes 23 seconds ago
2014 Hounds
by Pghsoccer
Today at 08:01 AM
MN UN Ibarra gets US MNT call up
by futbol49
09/30/14 09:48 AM
Chivas no more
by Pghsoccer
09/30/14 09:40 AM
Building the Soccer Pyramid
by Msilverstein47
09/29/14 08:58 AM
Indoor Soccer 2014-15
by Msilverstein47
09/27/14 02:14 PM
changes in Dayton
by Pghsoccer
09/27/14 08:19 AM
Predictions for 2014
by futbol49
09/27/14 05:36 AM
RBNY II
by Bernie Slaven
09/24/14 03:35 PM
Are stadiums built for viewing or team support?
by Pghsoccer
09/22/14 09:50 AM