USL/NASL Discussions USLSoccer.com :: USLFans.com :: TheCup.us :: NASL.com | Links | Link to US !
Article Posting Guidelines are spelled out here. Thanks
Who's Online
0 registered (), 6 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
Msilverstein47 110
Soccer Boy 53
jw7 36
Pghsoccer 32
futbol49 30
Forum Stats
7274 Members
134 Forums
28203 Topics
297058 Posts

Max Online: 152 @ 09/20/13 11:24 PM
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#254803 - 11/18/09 10:03 PM USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers
Lightning Striker Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Twin Cities, Minnesota USA
If you are interested in the MINNESOTA supporters for the USA National team, please contact me.

Whether you are inclined toward the American Outlaws, or Sam's Army, I want to wrangle everyone in support of the National Team to be a part of the 1st Minnesota Volunteers.

In addition, please indicate whether you would like to be included in a group to support professional soccer teams (men and women) in Minnesota.

Send me a message via this forum, or to me directly at Lightning_Striker [at] BlueSkySoccer dot com.

Spread the word, tell your friends, and read duNord and Inside Minnesota Soccer daily.

TAKE THEIR COLORS

Edited by Lightning Striker (11/18/09 10:10 PM)

#254850 - 11/19/09 08:39 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
Hall Of Famer

Please let me clarify.

I would like all of you to go to the Sam's Army site and register to be a (FREE) member ... OR join the United States Soccer Supporters Club, American Outlaws and/or Sam's Army as a paying member.

By having many folks registered, we will then get our Brigade of the 1st Minnesota Volunteers registered with them.

In addition, I am cobbling together a list of supporters. Send me a note, and let me know your email, and whether you are a member of either or both of the supporters groups.

The email list will, hopefully, enable us all to keep in touch in the long off season, and for whatever may be next March/April.

THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY SENT ME THEIR CONTACT INFO

Edited by Lightning Striker (11/19/09 08:40 PM)

#255128 - 11/25/09 08:48 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
Hall Of Famer

One Hundred and Forty Four views and two people have joined the Sam's Army group ... come on people, it's FREE.

Let's get our Brigade off the ground. Join us at: http://www.sams-army.com/

TO THE LAST MAN

#255174 - 11/30/09 10:12 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
ajwatt Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: NE Minneapolis
It is not clear what the point of this. You want people to:

1. contact you if they are interested in the MINNESOTA supporters for the USA National team
  2. indicate whether they would like to be included in a group to support professional soccer teams (men and women) in Minnesota
  3. go to Sam's Army site and register to be a (FREE) member OR join the United States Soccer Supporters Club, American Outlaws and/or Sam's Army as a paying member
  4. send you a note and let you know our emails and whether we are a member of either or both of the supporters groups (but there are three)
  5. join the Sam's Army group if we've viewed this thread, but USSSC and AO have no such requirements

You want to make an email list that will help us keep in touch in the offseason. You are using a message board that we use to keep in touch in the offseason to compose the list. I'm confused.

#260658 - 05/19/10 08:08 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: ajwatt]
Hall Of Famer

800 views as of today, less than 30 days until the start of SA2010.

I've started a list of local USA Supporters be they: American Outlaws (AO); Sam's Army (SA); or US Soccer Supporters Club (USSSC).

I've been contacted by the American Outlaws (AO) regarding making an official chapter here in the Twin Cities. Specifically, I would like to know how many of these 800 viewers may already be members of the AO, so that the chapter can become official.

I know there is a much larger group of soccer fans who support the USMNT, but never participate in supporting our local pro team for what ever reason. It'd be great if we can grow the local supporters no matter their preferences.

With the World Cup rapidly approaching, now is the time to continue with our organization of all USA supporters, who may stand together under the banner of the 1st Minnesota Volunteers.

TAKE THEIR COLORS

#260666 - 05/20/10 12:17 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

I'm Mexican and will support my team. smile

Podemos batir Inglaterra!

Un topeton

#261147 - 05/28/10 09:50 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: jw7]
Soccer Boy Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Negril, Jamaica
Como? No hala Espanol.

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley, former Liverpool manager

#TradeNickRogers

#261152 - 05/28/10 10:00 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Soccer Boy]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://www.google.com.au/language_tools

Bump back up to the top where it belongs.

#261156 - 05/28/10 10:11 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: jw7]
kj Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Minneapolis
Uh, this is a pinned topic...

Strange and beautiful are the stars tonight.

#261162 - 05/28/10 10:32 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: kj]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

Uh, not on the right side border that shows which topics are currently being discussed it isn't.
USL Discussions Chatter

Who goes to the forum listings anymore? Why would you?

Bump (as my reason to, why respond?)

#261184 - 05/29/10 10:20 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: jw7]
Hall Of Famer

Several new members have signed up for the 1st Minnesota Volunteers brigade of Sam's Army in the last week.

There are still only a few American Outlaws (that I know of), so we are still not an Official Chapter. We will still continue to have a presence with the AO in our current capacity.

The good thing about our supporters, is that we all play well together ... that can not be said about several of the other chapters of SA and AO where the personalities have been divisive.

TO THE LAST MAN: REMEMBER GETTYSBURG

#264686 - 08/14/10 09:36 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
Soccer Boy Offline
Hall Of Famer

LS, like I said tonight, let me know what group I need to sign up for--we need a MN chapter. I could care less if I really do not get anything directly from the group. I guess all I really want is to drink beer, watch soccer and participate in TOTAL JACKASSERY!

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley, former Liverpool manager

#TradeNickRogers

#264715 - 08/15/10 04:09 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Soccer Boy]
Fordprefect Offline
Reserve Squad Starter

Loc: St Paul
I find AO to be a better deal. I figured I would only get a free shirt and bandana for my initial sign up, but when I renewed last week I got another shirt and bandana in the mail. All SA ever sent me was a new membership card.

That said, AO guys I have met from other cities require constant attention and admiration for their choice of clubs.

The official club is a cash grab by US Soccer and makes me sick.

Rumor has it we will play Poland on Oct 9 the night before at Soldier Field. Couple that with a Fire game Oct 8, and I'll be there.

Take Their Colors!

P.S. Any hope of a reissue of 1st MN scarves? I missed the last one.

#264795 - 08/16/10 06:06 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Fordprefect]
Hall Of Famer

Good timing, I asked the AO to send me their membership list for MN so we can achieve 'official' status.

I would suggest that you visit the facebook site, and we'll begin to cultivate membership.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=133329320036297&ref=ts

I firmly believe that we should continue to promote the Sweetwater as the place to go for USA games..

#264796 - 08/16/10 06:13 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
Fordprefect Offline
Reserve Squad Starter

Cool, I joined the FB group, I'm member #10, which I think makes me important or something. I fine with the Sweety, but the amount they jacked up their prices on the 2-4-1's in the last 12 months is pretty annoying.

#264815 - 08/17/10 08:30 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Fordprefect]
JamieMCFC Offline
Reserve Squad Member

Loc: Savage, MN
I am now an offical member of The American Outlaws.

#264825 - 08/17/10 11:51 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
Soccer Boy Offline
Hall Of Famer

Originally Posted By: Lightning Striker
Good timing, I asked the AO to send me their membership list for MN so we can achieve 'official' status.

I would suggest that you visit the facebook site, and we'll begin to cultivate membership.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=133329320036297&ref=ts

I firmly believe that we should continue to promote the Sweetwater as the place to go for USA games..

I am now an offical "follower" or "liker" of AO on Facebook. I will await further instructions before I send money anywhere.

#TradeNickRogers

#264839 - 08/17/10 02:43 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Soccer Boy]
Leprechaun Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: St. Paul, MN
Serious question - is there a particular benefit in having an official Minnesota "Chapter/Brigade/whatever" in either AO or SA? As opposed to loosely organizing ourselves under the 1st Volunteers name and including anyone who supports the US, regardless of whether those individuals are also affiliated with one or the other or both groups? People can still get together to watch games at the Sweetwater, and to travel to games when there's interest to do so.

I guess for me, I don't have any great interest in joining either group at the moment, as it's never affected my ability to enjoy games here or elsewhere. But if there is a benefit to be had by the local group with increased membership, I'd be happy to change my mind and sign up - if someone can explain to me what that benefit is.

#264851 - 08/17/10 04:42 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Leprechaun]
thesuperrookie Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Minnesota United Gainesville
I like the idea of just having the unique "Minnesota 1st Volunteers" that rocks their own style where ever they go. Something cool about having that bad ass ad hoc group.

This is coming from the land of the AO in Florida.

#264922 - 08/19/10 10:00 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: thesuperrookie]
Minnesota NiceFC Offline
First Team Starter

Loc: NE MPLS
How do you feel about the difference (other than free stuff) between Sam's and the Outlaws? I was at the game against Turkey in Philly and thought the Outlaws with whom I was walking to the stadium were right assh*les. Of course, it was Philly, which is a city of right assh*le fans, so I don't know how true that is of all Outlaws.
I want to commit my heart to the right supporters group.

Edited by Minnesota NiceFC (08/19/10 10:00 AM)

#264928 - 08/19/10 11:22 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: thesuperrookie]
seamonster Offline
Hall Of Famer

Originally Posted By: thesuperrookie
I like the idea of just having the unique "Minnesota 1st Volunteers" that rocks their own style where ever they go. Something cool about having that bad ass ad hoc group.

This is coming from the land of the AO in Florida.

Totally agree. We are the worlds famous Minnesota 1st Volunteers. I'd rather be independent. I'll stand with Sam's Army or the American Outlaws but I don't really want to be either of them.

#264942 - 08/19/10 09:11 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: seamonster]
thesuperrookie Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Minnesota United Gainesville
If you guys want a membership card and a bandana just send $40 to either myself or Seamonster and we will send one out. We are currently working on some deals through local sponsors, including a bar with 2-4-1s.

#264963 - 08/20/10 01:38 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: thesuperrookie]
JamieMCFC Offline
Reserve Squad Member

Well one of the perks to joining the American Outlaws is you get a discount on your tickets to USMNT games.

#264967 - 08/20/10 02:47 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: JamieMCFC]
Fordprefect Offline
Reserve Squad Starter

Yah, thats the only reason I am in either group. I am totally fine with not having an official chapter of either group, but if we have the members to form one, it doesn't really hurt anything either.

#265001 - 08/21/10 02:47 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: thesuperrookie]
bq Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Minnesota
Originally Posted By: thesuperrookie
If you guys want a membership card and a bandana just send $40 to either myself or Seamonster and we will send one out. We are currently working on some deals through local sponsors, including a bar with 2-4-1s.

Dude! I'm not looking for a bandana that says Gainesville Rocks on one side and Roller Girls on the other. Come to think of it, I don't really need a bandana from American Outlaws either. In fact I just don't need a bandana.

#265076 - 08/23/10 11:00 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Minnesota NiceFC]
JamieMCFC Offline
Reserve Squad Member

LS how close are we to being an official chapter of the Outlaws

#265143 - 08/26/10 09:26 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: JamieMCFC]
ajwatt Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: NE Minneapolis
We should be able to get the same ticket discounts as AO, but it would require some sort of organization. You can't just go to US Soccer and say, "we're a bunch of badasses, and we want some discounts." But if we had a more official sort of organization, we should be able to get the same deal that AO and SA get.

#265148 - 08/26/10 10:21 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: ajwatt]
Fordprefect Offline
Reserve Squad Starter

Last time I bought through SA, you could buy as many tickets as you wanted with one membership. So as long as we have 1 member, we can get the same discount I think.

#265157 - 08/26/10 05:34 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: JamieMCFC]
Hall Of Famer

Originally Posted By: JamieMCFC
LS how close are we to being an official chapter of the Outlaws

I have a list of 15 members that the AO sent me a week or two ago ... 25 paying members are needed to become an official chapter.

For full disclosure, I AM NOT A MEMBER. However, I want to cultivate as many USMNT supporters in the MSP area as possible.

Whether you want to be an AO, SA or USSSSC member or none of the above, we should all be under the umbrella of the 1st Minnesota Volunteers.

Luckily, we have a great place to watch the games without being shunned by other Euro supporters, and we all get along together (for the most part). This is much better than the situation in many other cities where the supporters are split into feuding factions.

PEACE AND FUTBOL

#265158 - 08/26/10 07:49 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
Fordprefect Offline
Reserve Squad Starter

Wow, I always just assumed there must be 25 AO members somewhere in the Twin Cities. If we only have 15 there is no point in forming a chapter assuming we can get ticket deals somehow. I plan to remain a AO member just because I go to some games that the group doesn't, so I need my own access to deals. I like the independent First MN Volunteers. I wore my 1st MN shirt to the State Fair today, which means our group was better represented than the Stars at the Fair.

#266747 - 12/28/10 03:29 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Fordprefect]
Hall Of Famer

UPDATE: AO membership has reached the number required for an official chapter.

If you are interested in joining or participating, please do so.

The next step is to complete the organization and consider whether you would like to participate in the chapter organization (President, Secretary,Membership Chairperson)

I would suggest meeting before the next USMNT game at the Official USSoccerBar, the Sweetwater Bar and Grill, St. Paul (located at the Kelly INN, off I-94 at Marion St.)

Jan. 22, 2011
U.S. Men vs. Chile
Kickoff at 8 PM Central

AO Meeting at 7 PM.

Peace and futbol.

#266748 - 12/28/10 03:33 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
Doctor_Scrumpy Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Manassas Va
I trust you have a large black pooch as mascot in keeping with the illustious forebeares who fought in the war for Southern Independence ?

It is a tragedy that whilst Elvis the Pelvis made millions, his cousin Enos could never sell a record. laugh

He's Welsh, he's red, he's in his brother's bed..Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs.......

#266749 - 12/28/10 04:45 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Doctor_Scrumpy]
nathan3e Offline
First Team Starter

Loc: Kingfield MPLS
Originally Posted By: Doctor_Scrumpy
in keeping with the illustious forebeares

What are illustious forebeares? It sounds scary.

#266755 - 12/29/10 04:04 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: nathan3e]
Doctor_Scrumpy Offline
Hall Of Famer

1st Mn were one of the famous regiments of the civil war. They took 82 % casualties at Gettysburg (215 of 262).

It is a tragedy that whilst Elvis the Pelvis made millions, his cousin Enos could never sell a record. laugh

#266757 - 12/29/10 07:41 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Doctor_Scrumpy]
nathan3e Offline
First Team Starter

1st Mn were one of the famous regiments of the civil war. They took 82 % casualties at Gettysburg (215 of 262).

Right. Now why is it that you call the American Civil War the War For Southern Independence ?

#266764 - 12/29/10 12:44 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: nathan3e]
GregX Offline
First Team Member

Loc: Eagan
I was told by a Richmond native that they don't harbor a grudge against Minnesota and Wisconsin because we never made it farther than Gettysburg.

And he called it the War of Northern Aggression.

If the Loons are United, we will never be divided

#266765 - 12/29/10 12:48 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: GregX]
propes Offline
Hall Of Famer

I had a high school history teacher that called it, The *Infamous* War of Northern Aggression. He also celebrated Robert E. Lee's birthday in class. I wore a Lee Sucks button

#266766 - 12/29/10 01:15 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: propes]
nathan3e Offline
First Team Starter

Originally Posted By: GregX
I was told by a Richmond native that they don't harbor a grudge against Minnesota and Wisconsin because we never made it farther than Gettysburg.

And he called it the War of Northern Aggression.

Originally Posted By: propes
I had a high school history teacher that called it, The *Infamous* War of Northern Aggression. He also celebrated Robert E. Lee's birthday in class. I wore a Lee Sucks button

Sweet Jeebus guys. I am glad to have not met these people of which you speak. My older son is mixed race so I tend to be a bit touchy on the subject, but I would think that most people could agree on the Slavery = Bad principle.

Propes, where was this high school?

#266767 - 12/29/10 03:42 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: nathan3e]
Doctor_Scrumpy Offline
Hall Of Famer

The war was fought for the right of Southern men to have the freedom to own other people, just as the original decleration of independence said 'all men are created equal" ... especially the ones we own..

The civil war had nothing to do with slavery, Lincoln would have gladly kept slavery if it meant keeping the union intact, and Grant famously owned slaves whilst Lee never did.

#266768 - 12/29/10 04:02 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Doctor_Scrumpy]
nathan3e Offline
First Team Starter

The war was fought for the right of Southern men to have the freedom to own other people, just as the original decleration of independence said 'all men are created equal" ... especially the ones we own..

The civil war had nothing to do with slavery, Lincoln would have gladly kept slavery if it meant keeping the union intact, and Grant famously owned slaves whilst Lee never did.

Uh-huh. The war was fought for the right of Southern men to have the freedom to own other people but the war had nothing to do with slavery. I'm picking up a slightly sinister vibe from you good Doctor. Just as I do from anyone who attempts to ameliorate Civil War motives.

#266769 - 12/29/10 05:13 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: nathan3e]
Doctor_Scrumpy Offline
Hall Of Famer

My dear Sir,

Slavery exists nowadays between a man and his wife's honey-do list....

#266770 - 12/29/10 05:27 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Doctor_Scrumpy]
nathan3e Offline
First Team Starter

My dear Sir,

Slavery exists nowadays between a man and his wife's honey-do list....

If you say so. I am going defer to Lightning Striker's Update now. I am guessing a history debate was not the intended effect.

#266774 - 12/29/10 08:26 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: nathan3e]
Hall Of Famer

Dr. Scrumptious and others who'd hijack this thread, please resist the urge to do so. This forum is for futbol fanatico, the all of us. I look forward to sharing a frosty malt beverage with any and all of you, as long as we stay on topic of our favorite game, and leave the history lessons and politics aside.

Yes, we have named our supporters group after a military regiment, as have many others across the country, but we in no way wish to open sesquicentennial old wounds from both sides of the battle lines (and far beyond).

PEACE AND FUTBOL.

Edited by Lightning Striker (12/29/10 08:28 PM)
Edit Reason: content

#266778 - 12/30/10 07:59 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
Minnesota NiceFC Offline
First Team Starter

Loc: NE MPLS
Just to be clear: Are we or are we not going to invade the South at the next USMNT game? Because seriously guys, I don't want to pull out my Whitworth rifle again just to put it away.

Dr. Scrumptious and others who'd hijack this thread, please resist the urge to do so. This forum is for futbol fanatico, the all of us. I look forward to sharing a frosty malt beverage with any and all of you, as long as we stay on topic of our favorite game, and leave the history lessons and politics aside.

Yes, we have named our supporters group after a military regiment, as have many others across the country, but we in no way wish to open sesquicentennial old wounds from both sides of the battle lines (and far beyond).

PEACE AND FUTBOL.

#266782 - 12/30/10 03:30 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: nathan3e]
GregX Offline
First Team Member

LS I don't see Mpls listed as an official chapter. If I put Minneapolis in the affiliate field will it be assigned correctly?

#266783 - 12/30/10 05:57 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: GregX]
Hall Of Famer

The chapter will be Minnesota. It is not yet an official chapter, so I don't know if it will assign correctly. The meeting before the next USMNT game will determine chapter officers.

#266787 - 12/31/10 03:07 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
Doctor_Scrumpy Offline
Hall Of Famer

It always amazes me when I watch quiz shows how ignorant of their own history some Americans are.

Of course I do not include anyone involved in this thread in that though

#266788 - 12/31/10 08:38 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Doctor_Scrumpy]
nathan3e Offline
First Team Starter

Clearly any number of people would be glad to debate your historical assertions, just not here. LS does not want this thread hijacked, and the request was made in a polite manner.

#266803 - 01/02/11 08:38 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: nathan3e]
propes Offline
Hall Of Famer

Originally Posted By: nathan3e

Propes, where was this high school?

A suburb of Nashville, Tennessee.

#266806 - 01/02/11 06:43 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: propes]
uhclem Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Minnesota (in spirit)
Civil War discussion over here:

http://www.usldiscussions.com/ubbthreads...ivil#Post266805

Keeping a chair open for Ken Burns, I remain

That little old jersey collector

Me

#266846 - 01/05/11 02:56 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: uhclem]
JamieMCFC Offline
Reserve Squad Member

I will be there. Wasn't sure if I could make it or not until my son's practice schedule came out for the month.

Edited by JamieMCFC (01/05/11 02:57 PM)

#266921 - 01/09/11 10:46 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: jw7]
Hall Of Famer

REMINDER:

There will be a meeting to vote on President and Membership Chairman as the MSP Chapter of the American Outlaws become Officiallly sanctioned.

Come out early to participate in the election, then join the rest of the 1st Minnesota Volunteers for the watch party as the USMNT host Chile.

AO MSP Chapter Meeting / Election
7 PM

USA vs Chile
8 PM

2 for 1 tap beer special at ALL USMNT watch parties.

Sweetwater Grill and Bar has several satellite services, and can
broadcast almost any game that is available from around the globe.

Peace and futbol.

#267733 - 02/18/11 09:51 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
Hall Of Famer

The first attempt at an AO-MSP meeting did not go off as planned.

It has been suggested that another meeting be scheduled for 2 hours before the next US Mens National Team game.

Agenda: Meet other AO members; Election of President and Memebership Chairperson

March 26, 2011
U.S. Men vs. Argentina
Kickoff 6 p.m. CT

AO Meeting at 4 PM

Sweetwater Bar and Grill
161 Saint Anthony Ave
Saint Paul, MN
Located at the Kelly Inn of I-94 and Marion St.
http://tiny.cc/5nr6l

#267734 - 02/18/11 09:57 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
jw7 Offline
Hall Of Famer

Lets hope Argentine still has national leadership that stays in power until March 26.

#269712 - 04/20/11 12:13 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: jw7]
Soccer Boy Offline
Hall Of Famer

I sent AO my money, now when do I get my stupid t-shirt? What kind of half-ass organization is this? Dirty bastards stole my money!

#TradeNickRogers

#286878 - 01/18/13 08:59 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Soccer Boy]
Leprechaun Offline
Hall Of Famer

Since this is stickied on the top of the page anyway, I'll post here rather than starting a new thread. The final hex round of World Cup Qualifying is kicking off soon, so as you prepare for the start of the Stars season, start getting ready for some big US games as well.

First up is a friendly on 1/29 (a week from Tuesday) against the Canadian Cones.

Then qualifying kicks off for real on Wednesday, 2/6 at Honduras. Everyone should try and get out to watch this game - note that kick off for some reason is at 3 PM central, so plan to take off work early that day. Or if you're super ambitious, talk to kj as he is flying down to Honduras for the match.

Following that is the first home qualifier, in Denver at Dick's Sporting Goods Park on Friday, 3/22. Several of us who frequent these parts are planning to go to that one. So if you're interested, post a note here and we'll get you in the loop.

#286880 - 01/18/13 09:04 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Leprechaun]
jimcrist Offline
First Team Member

Loc: mpls
who schedules these things? i want that job.

#286884 - 01/18/13 09:15 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: jimcrist]
kj Offline
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, who's coming to Honduras with me?

No, seriously, I could use a roommate in the hotel.

In case you care about silly things like blogs, I started one about my attempt to go to all ten games of the hex: http://unsexyhexy.blogspot.com/

#286898 - 01/18/13 12:02 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: kj]
bq Offline
Hall Of Famer

Denver.... maybe. Hearing there will be another qualifier in KC...maybe but more than likely. One of those two matches I want to go with my oldest son who has never been to a USMNT match. But he hardly gets any time off with his job. So keep me in the loop, at least for tickets as we may have to make our own way down to one of those destinations and who hook up with everyone when there.

#286905 - 01/18/13 01:03 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: bq]
kj Offline
Hall Of Famer

My guess is that Mexico ends up in KC this time. But it's just a wild guess.

#286940 - 01/18/13 06:50 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: kj]
bq Offline
Hall Of Famer

That would be awesome! However, I have heard Columbus as a venue as well.

#287002 - 01/20/13 01:51 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Leprechaun]
Future Unwritten Offline
Novice

I'll be in Denver and would love to coordinate with everyone. Any idea when tickets will be available? Which section will you be sitting in?

My plane ticket is booked, arriving Wednesday night (20th) and departing Saturday morning (23rd). Everything else is flexible.

#287082 - 01/21/13 07:31 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Future Unwritten]
DigitalGopher Offline
Reserve Squad Member

Loc: Apple Valley, MN
I will be in Denver as well. Thinking about a trip to Mexico City as well.

#287282 - 01/23/13 09:13 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: DigitalGopher]
HooligansFC Offline
First Team Member

Loc: Duluth, MN
CONCACAF names 13 US Cities to host 2013 Gold Cup

So who's going to go to Chicago and can I hitch a ride, assuming the timing and money is right? Haven't done a US game yet and I would really love to

#287760 - 02/06/13 12:49 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: HooligansFC]
bq Offline
Hall Of Famer

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-Nation...ale-Feb-19.aspx

Tickets go on sale to the public starting on Tuesday, Feb. 19, at 11 a.m. CT.

#288075 - 02/15/13 09:00 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: bq]
Tarkus Offline
Reserve Squad Starter

According to Grant Wahl, a "source" says that USSF is aiming for the following:

June 11 (PAN) Seattle;
June 18 (HON) Salt Lake;
Sept 10 (MEX) Columbus;
Oct 11 (JAM) Kansas City.

#288085 - 02/15/13 10:18 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Tarkus]
Soccer Boy Offline
Hall Of Famer

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I do not think we will be seeing the USA in Brazil.

#TradeNickRogers

#288771 - 03/03/13 08:22 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: DigitalGopher]
DigitalGopher Offline
Reserve Squad Member

I am going to both games this month.

#288781 - 03/04/13 07:30 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: DigitalGopher]
bq Offline
Hall Of Famer

Looking forward to it. And I'm hearing you will be shooting for a new and rapidly rising online soccer publication. Any truth to that rumor?

#288795 - 03/04/13 11:09 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: bq]
DigitalGopher Offline
Reserve Squad Member

Originally Posted By: bq
Looking forward to it. And I'm hearing you will be shooting for a new and rapidly rising online soccer publication. Any truth to that rumor?

Yes. I will be shooting for American Soccer Now

Thanks to Brian for helping me connect with them.

#290062 - 03/21/13 11:18 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Tarkus]
matthew Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Ramsey, MN
Originally Posted By: Tarkus
According to Grant Wahl, a "source" says that USSF is aiming for the following:

June 11 (PAN) Seattle;
June 18 (HON) Salt Lake;
Sept 10 (MEX) Columbus;
Oct 11 (JAM) Kansas City.

And this is what it'll be
definitly gonna do all I can to score tickets for the Panama match

#290103 - 03/22/13 01:49 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: matthew]
seamonster Offline
Hall Of Famer

Anyone going to the Sweetwater tonight? I'll be there.

#290105 - 03/22/13 02:19 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: seamonster]
pfutz Offline
First Team Starter

I think I will be too.

#290222 - 03/27/13 01:02 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: pfutz]
kj Offline
Hall Of Famer

ER MAH GERD.

That is all.

#290280 - 03/28/13 06:44 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: kj]
bq Offline
Hall Of Famer

To cool for me. Not a clue.

#293686 - 06/12/13 11:00 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: bq]
Leprechaun Offline
Hall Of Famer

Was that Fordprefect on tv last night at the match in Seattle rocking the MN 1st shirt? Anyone else catch that?

#293687 - 06/12/13 11:14 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Leprechaun]
TurkishZath Offline
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, several of us caught him on screen, front and center. Like six times.

Pretty frickin' awesome. I'll see if I can get screen shots later.

We are starstuff, we are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. - J. Michael Straczynski

#293689 - 06/12/13 12:37 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: TurkishZath]
Soccer Boy Offline
Hall Of Famer

You guys need to bring your Fighting Loons scarves and take pics.

#TradeNickRogers

#293697 - 06/12/13 07:36 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Soccer Boy]
GregX Offline
First Team Member

The cheering in unison by the crowd in the 71st minute literally brought tears to my eyes.

#293704 - 06/12/13 11:22 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: GregX]
Soccer Boy Offline
Hall Of Famer

Originally Posted By: GregX
The cheering in unison by the crowd in the 71st minute literally brought tears to my eyes.

I do not know about tears, but it was pretty cool!

#TradeNickRogers

#293707 - 06/13/13 01:19 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Leprechaun]
Fordprefect Offline
Reserve Squad Starter

Originally Posted By: Leprechaun
Was that Fordprefect on tv last night at the match in Seattle rocking the MN 1st shirt? Anyone else catch that?

Brought 2 buddies to their first US match. Stood 3 rows off the pitch dead center. Couldn't see a damn thing, but man did we have a good time. Best crowd I've ever had the privilege to be a part of.

#293709 - 06/13/13 01:45 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Fordprefect]
gordieloewen Offline
Reserve Squad Starter

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Is there a story behind the (I don't know what to call it) display in the 71st minute? It's not something I've seen before, but maybe I'm just not paying enough attention. Either way, it was cool as hell.
Kids theses days... Back in my day we thought that crosses were supposed to be directed AT someone. I guess that's not cool or hep anymore. Oh sure, just whip it in there at no one. I'm sure Mario Balotelli will whine it in to the net.

#293714 - 06/13/13 07:02 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: gordieloewen]
FrostbiteFC Offline
Reserve Squad Member

Loc: West Metro, MN
That's a 70th minute tradition over there. Kinda like the 7th inning stretch in that silly game with sticks and cow skin...

They call it "Boom boom clap"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWgZNFkuYMI

edit:
here's the video from USAvPAN:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxT82BQOZkc

Edited by FrostbiteFC (06/13/13 07:28 AM)

#293717 - 06/13/13 07:27 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: FrostbiteFC]
TurkishZath Offline
Hall Of Famer

Not the greatest quality, but I think you can tell who it is:

We are starstuff, we are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. - J. Michael Straczynski

#293722 - 06/13/13 12:02 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Soccer Boy]
Hall Of Famer

Originally Posted By: Soccer Boy
You guys need to bring your Fighting Loons scarves and take pics.

NO !
USMNT games are not the place to fly club colors.

#293729 - 06/13/13 04:41 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
matthew Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Ramsey, MN
Way too late in the cycle now but has there been any thought of a MN/USA scarf being made for qualifiers and friendlies? Or is there one already that I don't know about?

#293762 - 06/14/13 01:14 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: matthew]
Hall Of Famer

Good question, Matthew.

In February, I had begun a design for an updated 1st MN Vols scarf that was not going to be WCQ specific.

I would love to resurrect the endeavor for Gold Cup and beyond.

#293766 - 06/14/13 02:15 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
HooligansFC Offline
First Team Member

I'd be all over a new scarf. Any chance someone still has the current or older design laying around? I'd gladly buy one from someone.

#293768 - 06/14/13 04:55 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: HooligansFC]
kj Offline
Hall Of Famer

If LS doesn't mind, here's one of the last designs I'd done with new scarves in mind:

(click here for full size)

If we're looking to go non-WC-specific, we could do that pretty easily.

#293779 - 06/15/13 11:57 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: kj]
Fordprefect Offline
Reserve Squad Starter

I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I'd really like if it was not specific to this campaign. I'd also really dig it if it said 'take their colors' on one side.

#293782 - 06/15/13 03:10 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: kj]
billmk Offline
Novice

Originally Posted By: kj
If LS doesn't mind, here's one of the last designs I'd done with new scarves in mind:

Out of curiosity, what's up with the slogan on the back?

#293784 - 06/15/13 06:37 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: billmk]
seamonster Offline
Hall Of Famer

Originally Posted By: billmk

It's a Civil war quote about the 1st Minnesota Vols.

Here's those damned white clubs again.

#293801 - 06/16/13 02:08 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: seamonster]
Soccer Boy Offline
Hall Of Famer

Originally Posted By: seamonster

It's a Civil war quote about the 1st Minnesota Vols.

Here's those damned white clubs again.

I want one. Seamonster is correct. The First MN initially fought in ref uniforms, and it likely saved the unit during their first major engagement during the First Battle of Bull Run. During that engagement, the First MN scored a heavy blow to confederate troops who were also wearing red after the lines became entangled.

The phrase Seamonster is referring to was the result of the Minnesotan troops wearing the white club on their color to make sure they could be a cohesive fighting unit. We were one of the first units to do so. The First MN was known for their stubborness and hard fighting mentality. With this reputation, Confederate troops would remark, "There are them damned White Clubs."

The last major engagement the First MN was invovled in was at the Battle of Gettysburg, where we sustained the highest ratio of casulties of any unit during the Civil War. There was also the cry that rang out during the battle when our lines were being depleted during the Pickett's charge; "Take their colors!"

MN was the first state to muster troops following President Lincoln's call for troops. Pumped to know some of the relatives on my mom's side fought with the unit. Remember, back then the US did not have a standing army. We were the only unit serving the Union that did not have a documented case of desertion.

I am not sure who came up with the logo, but whoever did put a lot of research into it and the shield signifies what I beleive is a great honor to the men who fought and died. I love the red background as we initially wore red uniforms.

#TradeNickRogers

#293802 - 06/16/13 03:52 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: seamonster]
billmk Offline
Novice

Thanks sea monster. I figured it was something like that. Like the connection to Minnesota and us history.

#293805 - 06/16/13 06:10 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: billmk]
Soccer Boy Offline
Hall Of Famer

#TradeNickRogers

#293827 - 06/18/13 09:33 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: billmk]
Hall Of Famer

My thoughts on design for 1st MN Vols scarf was quite simple:
- Side 1: USA or variation thereof
- Side 2: slogan

The first scarf we made for Germany 2006 had on side 1 (1st Minnesota Volunteers); side 2 (TAKE THEIR COLORS).

I am a big fan of 'Take their colors', the battle cry at Gettysburg. However, I thought about working in the 'damned white clubs' for this second version.

I was a huge fan of the Total Jackassery scarf that was made by AJ for South Africa 2010, and it was a favorite of fans far and wide.

Key to design, IMO, is to keep it simple, high contrast for lettering.

Not a huge fan of the stripes (hoops), makes it hard to layout legible text, and is too busy IMO.

Look forward to any other commentary to be considered for another production run.

#293844 - 06/18/13 05:21 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
jimcrist Offline
First Team Member

Loc: mpls

My thoughts on design for 1st MN Vols scarf was quite simple:
- Side 1: USA or variation thereof
- Side 2: slogan

The first scarf we made for Germany 2006 had on side 1 (1st Minnesota Volunteers); side 2 (TAKE THEIR COLORS).

I am a big fan of 'Take their colors', the battle cry at Gettysburg. However, I thought about working in the 'damned white clubs' for this second version.

I was a huge fan of the Total Jackassery scarf that was made by AJ for South Africa 2010, and it was a favorite of fans far and wide.

Key to design, IMO, is to keep it simple, high contrast for lettering.

Not a huge fan of the stripes (hoops), makes it hard to layout legible text, and is too busy IMO.

Look forward to any other commentary to be considered for another production run.

Or just make the united states writing in blue as well.

#293883 - 06/19/13 04:23 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: jimcrist]
kj Offline
Hall Of Famer

#293885 - 06/19/13 05:58 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: kj]
HooligansFC Offline
First Team Member

I personally would go with 2 or 4. Road to Brazil really could go either way. It doesn't need to be there, but it's a nice touch to date it. But as soon as the WC is a new one going to be made?

Also, I can't decide about the Volunteers vs Vols. I can't say I've ever seen it abbreviated as Vols before. But it's nice having the whole spelling of Minnesota. Regardless, tell me when and where, I'll be first in line cash in hand.

#293887 - 06/19/13 07:32 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: HooligansFC]
GregX Offline
First Team Member

Originally Posted By: HooligansFC
I can't say I've ever seen it abbreviated as Vols before.

It's an old timey Civil War abbreviation. I'll take one as well.

#293889 - 06/19/13 10:25 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: GregX]
kj Offline
Hall Of Famer

As I've mentioned before, I consider the parts of those mix-and-matchable.

#294177 - 07/02/13 09:29 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: kj]
Hall Of Famer

These three days one hundred and fifty years ago, the 1st Minnesota Volunteers fought and died at Gettysburg.

Tonight we begin to assemble squad of our own 1st MN Vols for the trip to Columbus for the WCQ against Mexico.

Soon tickets will become available for the game in KC (JAM).

Next summer I intend on going to Brasil, and traveling with friends in futbol.

TAKE THEIR COLORS
To the last man.

#294178 - 07/02/13 09:39 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
gordieloewen Offline
Reserve Squad Starter

Did tickets for the US-Mexico match in Columbus already gone on sale and sold out or have they not gone on sale yet? I've been watching ussoccer.com, but I haven't seen anything. Was I just not watching enough?
Kids theses days... Back in my day we thought that crosses were supposed to be directed AT someone. I guess that's not cool or hep anymore. Oh sure, just whip it in there at no one. I'm sure Mario Balotelli will whine it in to the net.

#294179 - 07/02/13 10:10 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: gordieloewen]
Hall Of Famer

www.theamericanoutlaws.com . Join AO-MSP, and you may get ticket in supporters end.

USSSC site looks ready to go for pre-sale.

I really enjoyed the seats I had in Seattle for the games, 3rd deck, cantilevered out pretty close to field.

#294181 - 07/03/13 01:03 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
gordieloewen Offline
Reserve Squad Starter

Thanks. I don't know that this will work for me here, as I'm probably going to end up bringing my 9 year old nephew, but I should probably be a member anyway. Thanks for the heads up.

#294189 - 07/03/13 09:01 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: gordieloewen]
HooligansFC Offline
First Team Member

Would anyone who has a current 1st Minnesota Volunteers be willing to sell me one at the United game on the Fourth? or do I have to join AO MSP to get one?

#294438 - 07/11/13 08:46 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: HooligansFC]
Jesse Offline
Reserve Squad Starter

Loc: Crystal, Minnesota
I know we have an email thread going about the October 11th game, but I thought I would throw it out here as well. I am intrested in making the trip down to KC for that one.

I also pitched the idea of making 1st MN Vols patches. They could be put on hats, or whatever. My thought is to put them on one of the sleeves of my national team jerseys. Kind of like a unit patch in the military. That way we can stand out a little when we are all together with Sam's Army or the American Outlaws.

If anyone has any more ideas or thoughts on the October 11th game and wants to get on the email thread, send me a private message and I will loop you in.

#294439 - 07/11/13 09:17 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Jesse]
HooligansFC Offline
First Team Member

I'm all for the patch idea. regardless where you put it jersey or vest in my case, it's a cool idea that not every group out there has. They're relatively inexpensive for a small run, just need someone to design something. even just the 1st MN Vols crest would be cool.

#294444 - 07/11/13 10:11 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: HooligansFC]
hairygrump Offline
First Team Starter

I would buy one. Pull the trigger, Jesse.

#294451 - 07/11/13 12:36 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: hairygrump]
Jesse Offline
Reserve Squad Starter

Loc: Crystal, Minnesota
hairgrump -

We will get some patches made up. I think we are kind of on hold with it as it was seamonster's wife who designed the 1st MN Vols crest and while I am not 100% sure the vibe I got from Neal and KJ was that we should maybe wait until she got back and let her do the tweaking on it before we send it off to have patches made.

As soon as we have 'em people can buy 'em.

#294649 - 07/21/13 06:10 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Jesse]
seamonster Offline
Hall Of Famer

#294650 - 07/21/13 06:33 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: seamonster]
bq Offline
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs Up, Google +, Like and everything else that falls into that category.

Welcome back, seamonster.

#294651 - 07/21/13 07:43 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: bq]
uhclem Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Minnesota (in spirit)
Ah-ha! Incontrovertible proof Art Kramer was in attendance.

"Old-school callback" indulges

That little old jersey collector

Me

#294740 - 07/25/13 12:50 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: uhclem]
kj Offline
Hall Of Famer

FYI, we're trying to organize a trip to Kansas City, hoping to have a large brigade of Minnesotans making the trip.

If you're Facebook-inclined, here's the event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/469470819808911/

#295388 - 08/24/13 11:15 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Jesse]
Hall Of Famer

Originally Posted By: Jesse

I also pitched the idea of making 1st MN Vols patches. They could be put on hats, or whatever. My thought is to put them on one of the sleeves of my national team jerseys. Kind of like a unit patch in the military. That way we can stand out a little when we are all together with Sam's Army or the American Outlaws.

The 1st Minnesota Volunteers patches have arrived.

Size: approx 3" high (scale: 1" squares on green background)

A total of 100 patches were ordered. Contact me to purchase.

#295390 - 08/24/13 02:08 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
GregX Offline
First Team Member

These turned out really well. Mine will be going on the shoulder of my Where's Waldo jersey. Thanks for putting these together LS.

#295397 - 08/24/13 08:21 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: HooligansFC]
JamieMCFC Offline
Reserve Squad Member

Missed the post about the patches. But not sure if you guys are looking to be different. But World Soccer Shop sells a USMNT kit with an American Outlaws patch on the sleeve. They have done this with the Waldo's and the centinnal kit. I had one on my Waldo.

Edited by JamieMCFC (08/24/13 08:23 PM)

#295415 - 08/25/13 10:00 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: JamieMCFC]
Hall Of Famer

Originally Posted By: JamieMCFC
... not sure if you guys are looking to be different.

Yes, we are the 1st Minnesota Volunteers, many of whom are AO-MSP, USSSC and/or Sam's Army members.

This SSI (shoulder sleeve insignia) will go well on the other sleeve and show that you are a part of our local group with a long history of traveling supporters.

Peace and futbol.

TAKE THEIR COLORS

#295417 - 08/26/13 07:04 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
JamieMCFC Offline
Reserve Squad Member

I was referring to if you guys where looking to do something different that the other groups don't do. Was just letting those of you who aren't members of AO know that they already do the patch on the kit.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  hairygrump, jimcrist 
USL Discussions Chatter
NYCFC
by Msilverstein47
04/18/14 12:47 PM
MLS expansion franchise???
by Soccer Boy
04/18/14 11:24 AM
From Vancouver to Iran and hopefully WC in Brazil
by Msilverstein47
04/18/14 10:41 AM