USL/NASL Discussions USLSoccer.com :: USLFans.com :: TheCup.us :: NASL.com | Links | Link to US !
Article Posting Guidelines are spelled out here. Thanks
Announcement: After 15 years of life, these boards have dwindled to a place for a mere handful of folks to post links and have the rare discussion. Having born the financial burden for both the hosting and the software for that same 15 year period, and just not having the time anymore for this effort, I have decided to shutdown these boards at the end of the USL & NASL season later this Fall. It has truly been a blast to have been part of growing a nation-wide fanbase thru internet interaction, that in 1999 was slim or non-existent for the Lower Divisions of Soccer. That has all changed and for the better. Fan support around the country is nothing like what it was when I started this, so from that perspective, I feel I accomplished my small part in contributing to growing that connection into what it is today. Thanks for everyone's support over the years, and especially for all the friendships across the country that Vicki and I have so enjoyed (and still do) over the years. Thanks !! Dan Barnes
Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
jw7 36
Msilverstein47 29
Pghsoccer 22
Yankiboy 14
futbol49 9
Forum Stats
7278 Members
134 Forums
28310 Topics
298135 Posts

Max Online: 152 @ 09/20/13 11:24 PM
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#261184 - 05/29/10 10:20 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: jw7]
Lightning Striker Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Twin Cities, Minnesota USA
Several new members have signed up for the 1st Minnesota Volunteers brigade of Sam's Army in the last week.

There are still only a few American Outlaws (that I know of), so we are still not an Official Chapter. We will still continue to have a presence with the AO in our current capacity.

The good thing about our supporters, is that we all play well together ... that can not be said about several of the other chapters of SA and AO where the personalities have been divisive.

TO THE LAST MAN: REMEMBER GETTYSBURG

#264686 - 08/14/10 09:36 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
Soccer Boy Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Negril, Jamaica
LS, like I said tonight, let me know what group I need to sign up for--we need a MN chapter. I could care less if I really do not get anything directly from the group. I guess all I really want is to drink beer, watch soccer and participate in TOTAL JACKASSERY!

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley, former Liverpool manager

#TradeNickRogers

#264715 - 08/15/10 04:09 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Soccer Boy]
Fordprefect Offline
Reserve Squad Starter

Loc: St Paul
I find AO to be a better deal. I figured I would only get a free shirt and bandana for my initial sign up, but when I renewed last week I got another shirt and bandana in the mail. All SA ever sent me was a new membership card.

That said, AO guys I have met from other cities require constant attention and admiration for their choice of clubs.

The official club is a cash grab by US Soccer and makes me sick.

Rumor has it we will play Poland on Oct 9 the night before at Soldier Field. Couple that with a Fire game Oct 8, and I'll be there.

Take Their Colors!

P.S. Any hope of a reissue of 1st MN scarves? I missed the last one.

#264795 - 08/16/10 06:06 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Fordprefect]
Lightning Striker Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Twin Cities, Minnesota USA
Good timing, I asked the AO to send me their membership list for MN so we can achieve 'official' status.

I would suggest that you visit the facebook site, and we'll begin to cultivate membership.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=133329320036297&ref=ts

I firmly believe that we should continue to promote the Sweetwater as the place to go for USA games..

#264796 - 08/16/10 06:13 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
Fordprefect Offline
Reserve Squad Starter

Loc: St Paul
Cool, I joined the FB group, I'm member #10, which I think makes me important or something. I fine with the Sweety, but the amount they jacked up their prices on the 2-4-1's in the last 12 months is pretty annoying.

#264815 - 08/17/10 08:30 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Fordprefect]
JamieMCFC Offline
Reserve Squad Member

Loc: Savage, MN
I am now an offical member of The American Outlaws.

#264825 - 08/17/10 11:51 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Lightning Striker]
Soccer Boy Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Negril, Jamaica
Originally Posted By: Lightning Striker
Good timing, I asked the AO to send me their membership list for MN so we can achieve 'official' status.

I would suggest that you visit the facebook site, and we'll begin to cultivate membership.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=133329320036297&ref=ts

I firmly believe that we should continue to promote the Sweetwater as the place to go for USA games..

I am now an offical "follower" or "liker" of AO on Facebook. I will await further instructions before I send money anywhere.

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley, former Liverpool manager

#TradeNickRogers

#264839 - 08/17/10 02:43 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Soccer Boy]
Leprechaun Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: St. Paul, MN
Serious question - is there a particular benefit in having an official Minnesota "Chapter/Brigade/whatever" in either AO or SA? As opposed to loosely organizing ourselves under the 1st Volunteers name and including anyone who supports the US, regardless of whether those individuals are also affiliated with one or the other or both groups? People can still get together to watch games at the Sweetwater, and to travel to games when there's interest to do so.

I guess for me, I don't have any great interest in joining either group at the moment, as it's never affected my ability to enjoy games here or elsewhere. But if there is a benefit to be had by the local group with increased membership, I'd be happy to change my mind and sign up - if someone can explain to me what that benefit is.

#264851 - 08/17/10 04:42 PM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: Leprechaun]
thesuperrookie Offline
Hall Of Famer

Loc: Minnesota United Gainesville
I like the idea of just having the unique "Minnesota 1st Volunteers" that rocks their own style where ever they go. Something cool about having that bad ass ad hoc group.

This is coming from the land of the AO in Florida.

#264922 - 08/19/10 10:00 AM Re: USA Supporters: 1st Minnesota Volunteers [Re: thesuperrookie]
Minnesota NiceFC Offline
First Team Starter

Loc: NE MPLS
How do you feel about the difference (other than free stuff) between Sam's and the Outlaws? I was at the game against Turkey in Philly and thought the Outlaws with whom I was walking to the stadium were right assh*les. Of course, it was Philly, which is a city of right assh*le fans, so I don't know how true that is of all Outlaws.
I want to commit my heart to the right supporters group.

Edited by Minnesota NiceFC (08/19/10 10:00 AM)

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  hairygrump, jimcrist 
USL Discussions Chatter
Sale of Minnesota Stars
by jw7
11/22/14 08:00 PM
MLS expansion franchise???
by Pghsoccer
11/22/14 03:09 PM
Get ready! A new WC 2022 vote may happen.
by jw7
11/22/14 02:53 PM
Former Rowdies "Where are you?!!"
by futbol49
11/21/14 10:36 AM
MLS very popular indeed
by futbol49
11/21/14 10:34 AM
Countdown to 2011
by Msilverstein47
11/20/14 11:05 AM
gotta love it!