Tonight was my introduction into the world of Blitzz-mania. Here was a novice’s view of the game, as a guide to others who might be considering going:
The highlights were:
(1) The people behind me who seemed even less knowledge about soccer than I am. Early in the game, the lady behind me commented, “He just hit that ball with his head!!” and a little later, an impressed “whooooooaaaaa” as the ball flew way up into the air.
(2) Meeting Maldini and hearing his group yell, “Man those socks are ugly!”
(3) The total lack of excited sound after the other team scored their one and only goal. Did they have ANY fans there?
(4) Hearing the crowd screaming as the Blitzz scored the first two goals as I was still trying to find my way into the stadium from my parking spot. It’s definitely a good idea to get there early, as I found out the hard way. And last but DEFINITELY not least…
(5) During an unusually quiet moment when the crowd wasn’t making much noise, one player loudly said, “Ahh S***!” which was heard by everyone in the stadium.
Not much to compare with the FF report, but there you have it folks.
-montgjules (formerly known as BYU Alum)